Modified Excaliburs - Two of Kind

Saltshaker

Forum Supporter
Well sort of...Finally finished a double Excal build for a friend of mine that sent me some parts. Unfortunately this took longer than expected but everything was custom just like my personal Excal.
Remote PP mod, Coil change mod, Custom built headphones with Kobitone recievers and custom carbon fiber shaft all the way to the lower end which was 3D printed.
Now I just need to ship and clean up the bench so I can get ready to move out of my house.

Attachments

• excal2.jpeg
    excal2.jpeg
    73.7 KB · Views: 496
  • excal1.jpeg
    excal1.jpeg
    69.6 KB · Views: 478
  • excal3.jpeg
    excal3.jpeg
    120 KB · Views: 477
Looks really good! Nice work! You do the 3D printing your self too? I work at Polytechnical institute and the kids there have many 3D printers. I always find small figurines and stuff. Still love your AT pro mod too, not to mention the waterproof explorer... Keep up the AWESOME work! đź‘Ť

Looks really good! Nice work! You do the 3D printing your self too? I work at Polytechnical institute and the kids there have many 3D printers. I always find small figurines and stuff. Still love your AT pro mod too, not to mention the waterproof explorer... Keep up the AWESOME work! đź‘Ť

Wow, thanks... I appreciate it. I actually found the file online and sent it to the public library. They printed them at 10 cents a gram. I think I paid just under 10 bucks for the two of them. BUT, beware. Make sure you that use 100% fill when printing otherwise it will not be solid. I learned the hard way during a field test and the first set I had snapped.

Man there’s something about having skills! Nice builds!

Thanks very much. I'd say I'm more handy than skilled but I certainly have learned a lot on these builds.

Can you build rods for units like the Patriot?

Is that the Teknetiks? Im not sure I could. Thats a head mounted detector on a S shaft so that can be a lot harder.
I did make a custom straight shaft for an AT Pro with a mechanical remote PP mod switch but this is all dependent if you are OK with it being behind the elbow or do something to mount in front. Either way, if you can think it through, then you can do it.
Here's the AT Pro build:
https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?p=2996403

I'm still a big fan of modified Excals. I guess that's considered "old school" now.

I'm still a big fan of modified Excals. I guess that's considered "old school" now.

Not in my book. Plenty of people use them and I think they are just as strong as anything else out there. Some folks swear by them over any detector. A modified one is just icing on the cake as far as I am concerned.

Wow, thanks... I appreciate it. I actually found the file online and sent it to the public library. They printed them at 10 cents a gram. I think I paid just under 10 bucks for the two of them. BUT, beware. Make sure you that use 100% fill when printing otherwise it will not be solid. I learned the hard way during a field test and the first set I had snapped.
That is pretty cool! Didn't know they did that.

Not in my book. Plenty of people use them and I think they are just as strong as anything else out there. Some folks swear by them over any detector. A modified one is just icing on the cake as far as I am concerned.
Amen SS! The Local Nox hunters are still wondering here. I think the closest one to me in gold rings had about 8 this year. And they did beat me on the gold chains i'm sure..I have Zero...
Great job on the rebuilds! Love the design on the decal!

Back
Top Bottom