CTX 3030 Speaker stopped working

AJinNJ

Forum Supporter
Yup, another problem with a CTX.

The internal speaker does not function anymore.

Tried a factory reset, unplugged headphones.

No sound when turned on or in use....

Back to minelab.......

I agree.

They need to address these "known issues"

Called Minelab today, nice lady took my info, but her "RMA department" was at an event and will get back to me this week sometime.

Hope they get the CTX's straighted out because I'd like to get one...:(

It took Garrett about a year or so to get all the bugs fixed on the At-Pro so I'm sure Minelab will do the same...

That's what they told me?........my is getting that right screen line.....ahhhhh
I agree.

They need to address these "known issues"

Called Minelab today, nice lady took my info, but her "RMA department" was at an event and will get back to me this week sometime.

Seems like most the higher end units have major problems in the first year. I really wanted a CTX , but with all the bad publicity its got to be hurting sales. I mean one unit being sent in three times? Heck Whites would have told me to keep the old AND send me a brand new one. Thats no exaggeration. Also glad I am tearing up the turf with my U max. All kinds of goodies lately and not a whimper of trouble. I LOVED the capability of water hunting, but thats a nightmare lately also. I mean people are paying good money for the feature just to be afraid to use it.:shock: I hope Whites comes out with a waterproof version of the V3I, but I would even wait for those bugs to be fixed. Minelab seems to be or was a great company. Whats Happening?:no:

I've had mine 9-10 months now and still haven't had a single problem with it on land or under water...*knock on wood* Maybe there was some bad batches. :?:

Seems like most the higher end units have major problems in the first year. I really wanted a CTX , but with all the bad publicity its got to be hurting sales. I mean one unit being sent in three times? Heck Whites would have told me to keep the old AND send me a brand new one. Thats no exaggeration. Also glad I am tearing up the turf with my U max. All kinds of goodies lately and not a whimper of trouble. I LOVED the capability of water hunting, but thats a nightmare lately also. I mean people are paying good money for the feature just to be afraid to use it.:shock: I hope Whites comes out with a waterproof version of the V3I, but I would even wait for those bugs to be fixed. Minelab seems to be or was a great company. Whats Happening?:no:

It just business, minelab couldn't take it that Garrett had the market with a land/water machine so they rushed to release there own version without enough testing..

Garrett used the public to test the AT Pro many were claiming. Guess ML is following their lead. lol

BEFORE SENDING BACK:

1. Hit the Main Menu button and scroll over to settings....make sure "wireless on" is turned off.

2. Also, hold down the volume button, scroll down to the volume control and make sure the sound is turned up. Also, make sure the volume limit is turned up.

3. Plug in a pair of headphones and unplug just to make sure a contact isn't stuck or something.

4. Surely you're not inside the house and the machine is just staying in a constant null?

Just to add to this subject... Today my CTX got dunked while I had the headphone adapter module in place. Got it home, washed and dried it and the speaker was dead. Took the adapter off and the speaker worked. Water got into the adapter and hosed it. Can now clean the headphone jack or replace it to fix it. I had a rubber plug inserted in the jack but looks like saltwater got past it.

Back
Top Bottom