V3i 5.3 vs. 4x6 coil and specific hunting

Crazy Ivan

Currently I have the White’s 6x10. I’m looking to find a coil with the smallest profile for hunting uprooted trees in civil war era, areas. I’m looking specifically for ammunition. And in the past I’ve had success with larger coils but at times they can be cumbersome.
I’ve read a few post on the two, afore-mentioned heads but the general conversation centers on EMI and trashy areas. I don’t have a problem with EMI and considering the surface areas I’m detecting are small I have little care about digging trash: even the largest trees I’m checking are at most 10’ across. Would like to hear some thoughts from others.

I had both coils. The 5.3 went a bit deeper. The 4X6 had better separation in the iron and you could get it into tighter spaces. I am thinking the 4x6 is slightly lighter but likely won't make much of a difference. Even with those small coils "horizontal" detecting will wear your arm out pretty quickly.

4x6

Sorry for the late reply. I eventually purchased a used 4x6. V rated but seemed defective. I purchased a second used coil, but had problems with this one too. I put the coil to the side and after near a year decided to test it. For some unknown reason it worked and really well.
Yes, I checked a number of settings. Kept getting an overload. Still, today I ran it on the stock coin and jewelry setting and was amazed at how well it ignored trash. I have a near 100 year old home sitting on Native American pasture and colonized farmlands with a history of British raiding and civil war activity. Near the home the coil ran so quiet, and in a good way. Seems there are some stock programs that cause an overload. I’m surprised by this.

I love my 4 x 6. I take it over the 5.3. the 4x6 seems to do really good up next to fences and other iron. I use to use the 4X6 on the DFX and when I got my first v machine I just couldn't stop using it. I really like it. Just my opinion

Back
Top Bottom