Pics from our town's annual "Rock Around The Clock" festival and car show 2019

GKL

Forum Supporter
Here are some pics from our small town's annual festival called "Rock Around The Clock" (festival and car show) taken on Saturday, October 5th, so named as it is around the Winnsboro town clock on main street. (from a Winnsboro web site: "the clock has run continuously for 100 years, the longest continuously running clock in the United States")

The turnout this year seemed way down from last year, maybe due to the cooler temps, it was not cold, but it was a BIG drop in temps from the very hot weather the day before.

I took some "detectorist" business cards with me in hopes of maybe getting in some conservations that could result in detecting permissions, but it didn't happen, that's okay, I'll wait till I get the feel of my new Nox 800 after it arrives and then see about asking people I know for permissions, not that I won't also detect public areas, but I need to be very careful as there are some historical protected areas around.

I'll post some clock pictures here in this post, then some other various pics in other posts, followed by pics of several of the many cars, a few in each post, there were more cars but many seemed the same as last year and I posted a thread last year with more pics.

Clock_20191005.jpg Clock2_20191005.jpg

Clock3_20191005.jpg Clock4_20191005.jpg

Neat pictures Gary . Like you said it doesn't look very crowded at all but then again , I come from a very populated area . Why do I get the feeling one of our prominent forum members is going to be owning one of those pedal cars very soon ? :lol:

Congrats on your new Nox , I know you're going to do great with it and I'm looking forward to seeing your finds .:yes:

Neat pictures Gary . Like you said it doesn't look very crowded at all but then again , I come from a very populated area . Why do I get the feeling one of our prominent forum members is going to be owning one of those pedal cars very soon ? :lol:

Congrats on your new Nox , I know you're going to do great with it and I'm looking forward to seeing your finds .:yes:

Thanks Soil Surgeon !

Last year and previous years it seemed at least twice as crowded, it did rain early before we got there but stopped and was not raining for most if not all of it, it was cool but not cold, the rain started up again after we were back home for a while but the festival may have ended before the rain started again.

I'm hoping this rain softens up the hard ground and makes it easier to dig plugs without concern for causing brown grass areas :lol: so I can start using my new Nox 800 soon after it arrives, hopefully with the Nox I can avoid a pull-tab being my first find with the Nox :lol: that would make for a funny post :lol:

I have wondered if some of the pics I post (like the pedal car :lol:) gives some forum members ideas they might actually try :lol:

Last edited:
Willys my favorite of the bunch..

<°)))>{

Attachments

• IMG_20191005_205652.jpg
    IMG_20191005_205652.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 568
Back
Top Bottom