Firearms pics and discussion

:waytogo: Those Ruger American series rifles are really sweet. I've got a Predator, but I'd like to get a Ranch in .300BLK.
In your part of the country that'll be a peach! I'm vaguely familiar with your neighborhood, because my sister lives nearby in Lenoir City.

Around here my new rifle is perfect for deer and hogs at 150 yards and in. Gotta go a little west to get longer shots. I thought about the 300, but just too expensive to shoot and ballistically it seems to be a wash.

Around here my new rifle is perfect for deer and hogs at 150 yards and in. Gotta go a little west to get longer shots. I thought about the 300, but just too expensive to shoot and ballistically it seems to be a wash.
My main reason for the .300BLK is because I already have two of them, a pistol and a carbine. A bolt gun that I can suppress would complete a handy trio, and keep things less complicated at the reloading bench.

Thats a good lookin Ruger jwp.

I haven't bought any new firearms in a while. I did finish a couple of AR builds recently:

First one is an Aero Precision M4E1 build. All Aero parts except the Franklin BFS3 trigger, brace, grip & sights.

M4E1.jpg

The other one is just a cheap PSA build:

PSA-AR15.jpg

Family pic with my other ARs:

AR-FAM-PIC.jpg

Oh yeah, I put some new bright orange grips on my Shadow II as well:

CZ-SHADOW-2.jpg

Nice looking outfit.
It's a little more "Buck Rodgers" than I might like appearance wise, but I wanted a suppressible .22LR pistol that was also a good platform to mount a magnified optic on, and this fits the bill. The fiber optic irons that are on it work well, and it's really accurate even with fuzzy old eyes out to 50yds, but I want more. It's 33 round flush fit mag capacity is fun too, and there is an available extension that makes it 50 rounds if you want.

Anyone in here like old Marlin 22lr Model 60 s? If so, KT will post a pick of His Majesty's latest acquisition. Believe it or not, because one of the states considered this 22 rifle an "assault" rifle, Marlin shortened the barrel and tube feeder to hold only 14 rounds, as a work around of that state law!

In KT's opinion, the people who thought that law up musta been backed by the squirrel and rabbit lobbies, respectively! :laughing::laughing:

Anyone in here like old Marlin 22lr Model 60 s? If so, KT will post a pick of His Majesty's latest acquisition. Believe it or not, because one of the states considered this 22 rifle an "assault" rifle, Marlin shortened the barrel and tube feeder to hold only 14 rounds, as a work around of that state law!

In KT's opinion, the people who thought that law up musta been backed by the squirrel and rabbit lobbies, respectively! :laughing::laughing:

I have a Marlin Model 60 that I bought cheap from a pawn shop because it is badly rusted. It is currently in my storage shed because you are not allowed to have firearms in the apartment where I live. The bore is clean and as soon as I can I will remove the rust. I have had several over the years so I know I won't have a problem with it. I have never seen a shorter version of it.

I have a Marlin Model 60 that I bought cheap from a pawn shop because it is badly rusted. It is currently in my storage shed because you are not allowed to have firearms in the apartment where I live. The bore is clean and as soon as I can I will remove the rust. I have had several over the years so I know I won't have a problem with it. I have never seen a shorter version of it.

The ones built after 1993 are all the shorter barreled version.

KT's Marlin is a Model 6060, a Centennial Edition, made in 1978, complete with the Badge, the squirrel embossed stock. Have just ordered a better scope and 1" rings with 3/8ths inch clamps to fit this Marlin. It came with a crappy 4x Tasco scope, but the new scope is a 3-9 X 40, better optics, waterproof and antifog coated, parallax adjustable, and lighted reticle...black, red, green. KT will post some pics as soon as He gets the scope and rings, and has it installed.

KT understands about rust, big problem down here in the South.

Sorry, KT, can't help you with a 60. I'm a bolt gun man, myself, even if I do have a built 10/22. Working on an 80 right now that's been rebarreled and prints quite nicely. Have the barrel threaded, awaiting arrival of my suppressor, and in work on a refinish job. Picked this little given-up-for-dead rifle at a farm auction, 30 years ago, for $40. Did the rebarrel back then, and finally getting around to really making it work for me. (Thinking about some night vision for it, too.)

Roger

Sorry, KT, can't help you with a 60. I'm a bolt gun man, myself, even if I do have a built 10/22. Working on an 80 right now that's been rebarreled and prints quite nicely. Have the barrel threaded, awaiting arrival of my suppressor, and in work on a refinish job. Picked this little given-up-for-dead rifle at a farm auction, 30 years ago, for $40. Did the rebarrel back then, and finally getting around to really making it work for me. (Thinking about some night vision for it, too.)

Roger

Are you finding that because of the "isolation" you now are having the time to do this work, or was it on your schedule before all this C#&P started? :lol::lol:
KT made His purchase because He wanted a squirrel and rabbit gun for the Royal Acreage. Since the local neighbor passed away, who fed every stray dog that was dumped nearby, which left for greener territories, the varmint population of the Realm has exploded. KT looks forward to some relaxing squirrel and rabbit popping while out on the veranda of the Castle, whilst sipping His Favorite Royal Beverage! :yes::yes::yes: And by buying an older gun, His Majesty feels He has saved it from a possible life of neglect, being abused by someone trying to make it into a gun it cannot be made into! Let those people purchase a Ruger 10/22 and mod the heck out of it...it being a fun toy to them, but KT is happy to keep this rifle to its original build purpose....a destroyer of tree rats and long ear cottontails! Might take a few crows with it also with that new scope!

And KT certainly appreciates the bolt action folks and their guns, having had several nice ones over the years. KT liked the original Springfield 3030, had 3 different ones of them, one a collector gun never shot, and 2 shooters, a Jap 7.7 with the original bayonet still attached (when KT cleaned it the first time, it still had sand in the action where the fellow dropped it and scurried away in fear), a 303 British Enfield, and a couple of others....now that KT is getting older, His Royal Memory sometimes fails Him! :laughing::laughing: Oh, yes, also a 6.5 Swedish Mauser...sweetest shooting bolt action KT ever laid His Royal Hands on! It must have been a drill practice rifle as the metal butt plate was beat to pieces, but man, could that thing drive tacks at 100 yards with just the iron sites! The Queen was getting a bit bothered with all the rifles that KT was bringing in, and so to keep peace in the Castle and Kingdom, His Majesty sold all the military bolt actions and used the money to pay a sizable down payment on His Royal Steed (2008 Goldwing). But KT kept all His Royal Shotguns, air rifles, and pistols, and darn glad He did!

Are you finding that because of the "isolation" you now are having the time to do this work, or was it on your schedule before all this C#&P started? :lol::lol:

Well, it was further down the list, but due to the notification that my suppressor application had been approved, it got shuffled to the front of the line. (11 months to the day from submission to approval. 3 weeks from "review" status to approval. Go figure.)

KT made His purchase because He wanted a squirrel and rabbit gun for the Royal Acreage.

Hmmmmm. Sounds like an opportunity for the Royal Chef to find his/her Hossenfeffer recipe.

And by buying an older gun, His Majesty feels He has saved it from a possible life of neglect, being abused by someone trying to make it into a gun it cannot be made into!

Interesting how those of us whose interests lie in things that the "governmental royalty" disapprove of, seem to be the ultimate recyclers. You and me with saving older guns, some of mine next-to-basket-cases. And me, being into old cars along with it.

Let those people purchase a Ruger 10/22 and mod the heck out of it...it being a fun toy to them,

Which mine is. I've got roughly $200 into the purchase price, but another $350 in custom parts, and that was 30 years ago. It is a tack driver, even after 30 years since it was built up, and is fun to punch paper with. Was going to start benchrest comp's at a range about an hour away this year, but this Covid thing put the kabosh on that.

a destroyer of tree rats and long ear cottontails! Might take a few crows with it also with that new scope!

Aim small, miss small.....Roger;)

Well, it was further down the list, but due to the notification that my suppressor application had been approved, it got shuffled to the front of the line. (11 months to the day from submission to approval. 3 weeks from "review" status to approval. Go figure.)

Hmmmmm. Sounds like an opportunity for the Royal Chef to find his/her Hossenfeffer recipe.

Interesting how those of us whose interests lie in things that the "governmental royalty" disapprove of, seem to be the ultimate recyclers. You and me with saving older guns, some of mine next-to-basket-cases. And me, being into old cars along with it.

Which mine is. I've got roughly $200 into the purchase price, but another $350 in custom parts, and that was 30 years ago. It is a tack driver, even after 30 years since it was built up, and is fun to punch paper with. Was going to start benchrest comp's at a range about an hour away this year, but this Covid thing put the kabosh on that.

Aim small, miss small.....Roger;)

Appreciate your comments! Nice to find a fellow enthusiast whom enjoys the entire range of rim fire experience! Perhaps the gov'mint folks are concerned that they might be furoughed as non-essential so they have speeded up the approval process, so they may be judged as hard workers by their supervisors! Hmmm.

Young KT's mother was 1/2 German and could cook up an excellent and tasty rabbit, squirrel, and even raccoon and opossum! KT never knew His maternal grandmother, but she spoke no English! And KT is certain His mother learned to cook from her.

Yep, KT is an olde King and He likes old things....ha ha. Feels comfortable with antiques as He am one! :laughing::laughing:

Perhaps the gov'mint folks are concerned that they might be furoughed as non-essential so they have speeded up the approval process, so they may be judged as hard workers by their supervisors!

Sounds like you missed my subtle point, your Highness. (Unless you're being more subtle than I.) The application was submitted, and languished in "Pending" status for ten months and a week. Once it actually got into "Review" status, it only took three weeks to make a judgement on it. I would hardly call that "speeded up", and have to wonder why it stayed in a file somewhere on someone's desk until they felt like looking at it. Doesn't seem to be a very efficient way to utilize taxpayer dollars, but I'm a grumpy, old, opinionated S.O.B. too, so.......

Just sayin'.....Roger

Sounds like you missed my subtle point, your Highness. (Unless you're being more subtle than I.) The application was submitted, and languished in "Pending" status for ten months and a week. Once it actually got into "Review" status, it only took three weeks to make a judgement on it. I would hardly call that "speeded up", and have to wonder why it stayed in a file somewhere on someone's desk until they felt like looking at it. Doesn't seem to be a very efficient way to utilize taxpayer dollars, but I'm a grumpy, old, opinionated S.O.B. too, so.......

Just sayin'.....Roger

KT understands....unfortunately it is not only government, but the federal government! If your application was put in a Federal que, as is the likely situation, and whoever is processing them is not particularly fast, say they got a specified quota to do every day, week, or whatever the time frame is, then KT understands it. No incentive to do more than the time required quota. It is frustrating, but just think of all the other folks in that same que, all upset too. At least you finally got it and can now get on with what you planned. Ha ha. K t is also old, opinionated, and often pretty grumpy too!

Visited a different WalMart today...

And found that at that location they still sell both shotguns and rifles, no hand guns seen. KT did see a Marlin Model 60 for $220 plus tax, other style 22s and a number of shotguns, all in one case.

They had both Federal, Remington, and CCI ammo in a variety of calibers, as well as a decent selection of shotgun shells. When KT tried to purchase 4 boxes of 50 CCI rounds, He was told they have a 3 box limit, so they will not run out! KT understands that idea, but also wonders if they have a reasonable source. If KT had wanted Federals, they had both 200 round boxes and bricks available, so that makes no sense. KT wonders if He had requested 3 bricks of Federals, if they would have sold them??

KT thinks tomorrow He will go back to the Walmart with no guns and buy some additional CCI 22lr ammo.:lol::lol:

All this talk of .22s takes me back to a Christmas morning long ago...

I was in 6th grade, and I got my wish!

My own rifle! A Winchester Model 190!!!

Plus, a Weaver 4 x 8 scope and a couple hundred rounds of ammo!

I still vividly remember that morning.

And later that afternoon, me, my brother and my dad walking across the snow covered field to the woods, where there was a deep ravine we could safely shoot in.

All this talk of .22s takes me back to a Christmas morning long ago...

I was in 6th grade, and I got my wish!

My own rifle! A Winchester Model 190!!!

Plus, a Weaver 4 x 8 scope and a couple hundred rounds of ammo!

I still vividly remember that morning.

And later that afternoon, me, my brother and my dad walking across the snow covered field to the woods, where there was a deep ravine we could safely shoot in.

Great memories, for sure!:D:D

Today's run to Walmart

Had another reason to get to Walmart so KT used it as an excuse to ride His Royal Steed into town. So after locating the kitchen utinsel needed in the Royal Kitchen, KT took a stroll back to the Sporting Goods section. After about 5 minutes of standing around, KT hailed a passing by associate and requested assistance at the desk. In a couple of minutes a pleasant lady walked up and asked how she could help me. His Majesty informed her that He wished to purchase some 22lr ammo, and asked if there was a limit to the number of boxes, to which she replied no. This is at the closest Walmart to The Royal Castle, the one that carries no guns. So KT picked out 2 CCI 2 brick packs. Her comment...Ooo, these are heavy. KT thinks she was afraid she might break one of her inch long fingernails! :lol::lol:

Anyway, KT got home safely with His purchases and now no longer has any need to wrassle around buying a few 50 round boxes at a time!

There seems to be a big inconsistency from one Walmart to another on their policies concerning sale of ammo and which stores sell guns. Fine with KT as it enables Him to work around the system to purchase what He wants.

Well, KT is getting a bit fidgety with all this waiting around for the Royal Model 60 accessories to arrive...scope mounts, a new 3-9x 40 scope with lighted reticle, 10 speed loader tubes, a gunsmith tool set, and now a new old owners manual...all found on eBay at decent prices. Need to check in also on a rifle bipod, but it might be too expensive. :impatient::impatient::pullhair::shrug::shrug:
Most of the items are set to be delivered this week.:yes::yes:

Back
Top Bottom