AT pro ok or needs repaired?

detector88201

ok i bought a new AT pro just got it 3 days ago and am still learning the machine. so far i like everything about it i really like pro mode. but i seem to be having a issue with the pin pointing and it not reading a depth. it seems when i find a real strong signal and then try to pin point i cant seem to find anything where i got my strongest signal. and somtimes i get a good signal in the 70s to 90s and its repetable and the target ID is reading a solid number but its not showing a depth on the scale it has happened a few times now so far all i have been able to find is a 1942 wheat penny. is this normal or is somthing wrong with it like i said i am new to the machine and am still learning it. i have not even bothered with std mode just been useing pro mode iron disc on 38 and ground balanceing about every 30 min any advice or help is greatly appreciated

Might want to watch the various videos on Garrett's website. I would do that before sending it back. Alot of good info there. Just have to spend a lot of time with the AT and it will come.... Good luck :yes:

When you press the pin point button, is the coil off the target? It's best to locate the target, then move the coil about a foot away. Now press pin point and move the coil over the target. You can use several methods from here.
Get the highest reading left to right then drag the coil back to you. When the target drops on the meter it will be at the front of the coil. Or you can use the center of the coil like they explain in the book.
I don't use the pin point anymore, just use short fast swing back and forth over target. Mentally mark that spot and turn 90 degrees and repeat. This makes an X, dig in the center. Dead on and more accurate than pin point and once you get used to it it's faster.

If your hunting for deep targets, use pro mode, custom, iron at 0, iron audio on, nothing disc'ed out, sens at full. This will give you three tones, low iron grunt, mid tones and high tones for coins. These settings are the deepest I have used. You will hear everything in the ground, but only have to dig the mid-high tones.

Remember the At Pro likes a faster swing than other MDs. Also once you find a good target about 6-8 inches deep, try adjusting your ground balance up or down a few numbers. See if it hits harder on the deep target one way or the other and try using those settings.

Gold rings anywhere from 40 to 80, check out other users numbers on the At Pro forum.

http://metaldetectingforum.com/group.php?groupid=128

Back
Top Bottom