Saved a big silver from the bulldozer

predrunner

Forum Supporter
Well I dug my second silver half for the year today. I went back to the house demo that I got permission for this week and scored big. The half was about 9 inches down. I almost gave up on it because I had dug down 7-8 inches and couldn't get anything with the pro pointer and was about to give up and took the xpointer out of my other sheath and found it. I love the ease of use and no interference with the pro pointer but the little extra depth on the xpointer sealed the deal for me today to make that my main pin pointer. Not that you care but I was so close to quitting and writing the signal off as a deep can but glad I didn't. Also the little book thing is pretty cool. I'm thinking it is a pillbox maybe?

Anyway thanks for looking and happy hunting.

Jim

Attachments

• benfront.jpg
    benfront.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 508
  • benback.jpg
    benback.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 492
Congrats on the big silver. I dream of the day I find one!
As for the tin, it looks to be either a business card holder or cigarette case.

I once found a Benjamin Half Dollar when I was a child. After I gave it to my grandfather, I haven't seen one in person since then. I would say they are somewhat rare these days.

HDD

Thanks everyone. I still can't believe I got it and it is still sitting on my kitchen counter and I pick up and look at it each time I walk by.:D

Back
Top Bottom