.57 CSA nose cast Civil War bullet

roadrunner_426

Elite Member
Read the heads- up from Twhitey about the Bounty Hunter 3300 sale and got one from Radio Shack for $85...stopped by an old house I've been searching off and on for several weeks to try it out...dug 2 rusty nails and then a .57 CSA nose cast Civil War bullet..guess I'll have to stop complaining about never finding anything old at that old house ..the house is less than a mile from where the Confederate Ram Neuse was scuttled near the end of the war..also less than a mile from where 13 Confederate deserters were hung in front of the Court House...HH Roadrunner_426

R.R. way to go man!!!! Is there any way that you could post a pic??
I would like to see that baby!!

H.H.
Greg

Greg , I'll see what I can do ; don't have a digital cam but I think the lady who owns the house does..when I saw the way her face lit up when I showed her the find, I told her she could have it for allowing me to dig up her back yard the last few weeks...said she was going to find a case to display it in...I've got another one just like it that I dug near the Pamlico River in Washington, N.C. Roadrunner_426

IMHO she can hire a woodsmith to make her a nice CSA case and get a plate inscribed with date and when and were was dug and by who.

Use reproduction CSA pants (on eBay) or shirt with stuffing you find at Walmart and make like a pillow inside.

Glass could best be the non-glare type.

Just a thought.

HH,
William Pugh

Back
Top Bottom