• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

NOX might just be a little too deep.

SoOregonMd

Elite Member
have had the Nox 600 for about a week and so far am liking it..

One thing though is it might just be a little too deep for this time of year..

went over a section of a State park near me today that I have hit many, many times.. I chose a section that is a pretty wide open area that in the past I have found a few good items. I remember the last time I hit it there were very few targets it seemed.
This time around with the NOX I was getting a lot of signals but EVERYTHING was DEEP and the ground was hard as a rock, not to mention about 4" down I was hitting a lot of rock too which made it even harder to dig.

Didn't find anything to write home about except Square nails here and there and a few 1970's Quarters.
BTW the NOX hits quarters VERY well which I like.

I guess I shouldn't complain, but like In JAWS, instead of needing a bigger boat.. today I could of used a bigger Shovel !!

Going to try and find some softer, well watered ground this weekend and hopefully the Deepness of the NOX will really pay off.

Yeah it’s like winter digging around here....deep don’t do you no good if you can’t get there!:lol:
Good to hear more reports on the depth,sounds like another good hunter from Minelab!

I've had several targets that I had to just give up on and move on. DEEEEP.

BCD

Same for me, and I'm using a dredge for recovery! I know I have dug 2+ foot deep beer cans here in the past. I'm already in 3+ foot deep water, if want to suck deeper recovery holes then I'm going to have to get my scuba gear. Thought that keeps going through my head, is what are my chances a target this deep is large junk verses coin or jewelry.

Back
Top Bottom