Kellyco and Walmart -Anyone else having issues??

Status
Not open for further replies.

blindsquirrel

Shop local,not mega---avoid Kellyco and Walmart.They're marketplace partners in crime now.Avoid at all costs----literally,They beat me for $400 in a bait and switch scam.

Kellyco Bait and Switch Scam

I paid for a Teknetics T2 SE,they shipped a T2 Classic and expected me to be satisfied.I'm not.Don't deal with Kellyco,they're Walmart in disguise.They allow their marketplace "partners" aka Walmart to offer "come-on prices" that they never intend to honor.They'll take your money and make you beg for what they promised you.Do yourselves a favor and avoid Kellyco at all costs.I'm out $400,minus the empty promises[thanks,John Parrish and co.] There are a lot of better deals out there,no need to deal with the "devil".Good luck and HH. BEWARE

:popcorn2: Kellyco is a sponsor here, just sayin,...

That just means they should be responsible,and do right by us,not Walmart.They screwed me royally, MrNovice.I responded to a Kellyco ad thru Walmart and they won't honor the price.Kellyco was given every opportunity to make good,but Rep.John Parrish chose to choose corporate sponsorship over consumer loyalty.Buyer Beware

Good advice, I've never bought metal detecting equipment from either, and probably won't in the future thanks for the heads up!

That is exactly why I use PayPal. This is not the first time on this forum that this happened and the same sponsor. Sorry to say I do not like talking bad about anyone. But when things happen we need to make others aware. No matter who or what they are.

That just means they should be responsible,and do right by us,not Walmart.They screwed me royally, MrNovice.I responded to a Kellyco ad thru Walmart and they won't honor the price.Kellyco was given every opportunity to make good,but Rep.John Parrish chose to choose corporate sponsorship over consumer loyalty.Buyer Beware

Oh, I'm not doubting you at all. And thanks for warning the rest of us. I just find them being a sponsor here interesting and wanted to see if they will step up and fix it.

Sounds to me like your business transaction was with Walmart. If you paid with a credit card and have the necessary evidence (e.g. ordering information, confirmation of what you ordered, etc.) and the equipment is unused. You should be able to get the charges reversed and you can get an RMA and return the equipment to sender.

:popcorn2: Kellyco is a sponsor here, just sayin,...

Yes the money from forum sponsors is far more important than the Truth. I was told Do Not Bash (sponsor) when the sponsor took my money and did not ship the product. E-Mails went unanswered.

Phone calls got put on hold until finally one of the sales people took the customer No service call and was able to get the individual I needed to talk to on the phone. Finally found my order that had been ignored for over a month and then told me "We are too busy to answer E-Mails."

Yes the money from forum sponsors is far more important than the Truth. I was told Do Not Bash (sponsor) when the sponsor took my money and did not ship the product. E-Mails went unanswered.

Phone calls got put on hold until finally one of the sales people took the customer No service call and was able to get the individual I needed to talk to on the phone. Finally found my order that had been ignored for over a month and then told me "We are too busy to answer E-Mails."

I didn't say any of what you wrote, nor inferred it. Please don't try and put words in my mouth.

I only assume since they are a sponsor here (just pointed out that they are highly visible for us all to see), that they would/should want to fix any issues that arise to satisfaction of at least our fellow forum members.

Thanks for the heads up and sorry you had this bad experience.

That's why if I decide to buy online I know it's buyer beware. So if I find something online I'm interested in from Kellyco or whoever... I call them and talk to a person and get their name. So if by chance there's some kind of a problem, I know who to contact to resolve it.

sounds like you haven't contacted them about it?

Ive dealt with kellyco in the past and am very happy, they are also a club sponsor of my local club.

Can you explain exactly how the transaction worked? Maybe I am missing something. Did you buy from Kelly did you order from Walmart? Was it an online deal?

It seems to me if you order from Wal Mart, Amazon, Ebay, etc and the transaction is messed up it would not be Kelly Co's fault. Again I am not sure who you actually bought the machine from???

If Walmart was advertising an AT Pro for $300.00 and you order it and they ship you an Ace 350 and refuse to send you an AT Pro I can't see how that is Garretts fault, then again I might have mis-understood what happened.

Can you explain exactly how the transaction worked? Maybe I am missing something. Did you buy from Kelly did you order from Walmart? Was it an online deal?

It seems to me if you order from Wal Mart, Amazon, Ebay, etc and the transaction is messed up it would not be Kelly Co's fault. Again I am not sure who you actually bought the machine from???

If Walmart was advertising an AT Pro for $300.00 and you order it and they ship you an Ace 350 and refuse to send you an AT Pro I can't see how that is Garretts fault, then again I might have mis-understood what happened.

It's Walmarts marketplace. Sounds like misadvertizing like the AT Pro example you gave above except, it was shipped direct from the vendor and Walmart never touched it.

Many large places like Walmart, Newegg, and I guess technically even Amazon now (since they basically do stock items and you buy direct from them, but then they also have vendors that can sell through their site) try to act like middlemen. When you buy something, the "marketplace owner" gets a cut, the item ships from the vendor and they get paid from the marketplace. When something goes wrong, you have to deal with the run-around of the marketplace instead of dealing direct with the vendor.

It's a way for smaller companies to sell/advertise through large vendors marketplaces, and the marketplace owner doesn't have to stock the item for purchase (saving costs/equity).

There are good parts to it (lower prices/competition/more purchases/advertising) and bad parts (not being directly accountable/when things go wrong it's usually a huge hassle)....

At least that's the way I understand it, and unfortunately many companies are moving toward this. Basically the accountability weights heavy on the vendor to Walmart, and not to the customer as it should.

I got shafted, also, by Walmarts online marketplace on a Christmas present recently - so I do feel for you OP. Ordered one item on Black Friday, total and complete run-around, item never arrived, held money for a month, 4 hours on telephone with dumb customer service, finally released back funds and gave me a super duper $5 giftcard for all that trouble. Item was on sale for 70% off when bought and of course they would not match % off on similar item. It sucks.

Last edited:
I've been buying from Kellyco for years & years now, and have never had a problem with them. All this bad news is kinda hard to take!

I didn't say any of what you wrote, nor inferred it. Please don't try and put words in my mouth.

Sorry you took my statement wrong. There was No intent to put words in your mouth. Just intended to show that the folks who own the various forums do not want the Sponsors talked bad about. Even when the sponsor does not meet the standard of service that we expect.

:?: I likewise, just did an order with KelleyCo (direct), and it arrived in 2 days, absolutely no problems :?:

This is a really strange situation, which I believe the "original poster" needs to clearly state, one more time. I believe we are all just a bit confused, as to just exactly what took place ????

Sorry you took my statement wrong. There was No intent to put words in your mouth. Just intended to show that the folks who own the various forums do not want the Sponsors talked bad about. Even when the sponsor does not meet the standard of service that we expect.

No problem bud, I was just confused because you quoted me. :cheers:

You'd think there would be a standard level of service expected, even though we all know things can go wrong. It actually sounds like this was Walmarts failure though or a miscommunication in product advertised/delivered. Maybe a mislabeled model type since he recieved a T2, just not the right one.

I'd be heading to my nearest Walmart with receipt, printed webpage of item off their site and detector. Go to customer service desk, skip the clerk and ask for the manager, so you're not explaining it 10 times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom