Gold Rings #3 and 4

Joshc214

The ocean finally laid down today after a couple weeks of wind and waves so I decided to take this afternoon off work and did a quick 3 hour water hunt.

This is my first double gold hunt... I found a small 50×50ft trough that was holding heavier items, everywhere else was sanded in so I spent the entire time working that small section. Second target was the 10k ring with the white/yellow gold face and a cz diamond. After a couple hours I pulled up the smaller 18k ring (tested the diamonds and their real).

The 18k mark on the diamond ring is a bit different, its marked "75", after researching this I believe its a shorter mark for 750, basically saying its 75% gold or 18k...

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1484790660714.jpg
    FB_IMG_1484790660714.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 330
  • FB_IMG_1484790669145.jpg
    FB_IMG_1484790669145.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 345
  • FB_IMG_1484790676539.jpg
    FB_IMG_1484790676539.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 349
Last edited:
:dingding: Those double days don't come often but they are great when they do! I was looking outside at work today wondering conditions must've been decent for hunting. Way to take advantage.

Awesome finds congrats! Great start!

Thanks!

:dingding: Those double days don't come often but they are great when they do! I was looking outside at work today wondering conditions must've been decent for hunting. Way to take advantage.

Conditions were perfect. Should be good for the next couple of days... thinking about doing a night hunt tomorrow to take advantage of the late low tide. Only issue is I'm sick as a dog right now, shouldn't be out metal detecting, but I can't help it lol

Two gold is a good day in the surf Nice

Thanks Scuba!

Dang awesome hunting and finds, congrats! I bet the 0 in 750 just wore off or was weak stamped?

Congrats on the duo!

Thanks man! That could be it... had me questioning it til I got home and used the diamond tester. Went ahead and did an acid test as well, passed as 18k.

Congrats...those double days are nice. Now make a mental note of where the low spot was and how the beach looked. The conditions that created it would sure be sweet to know;)

Nice rings! Good on ya for taking the afternoon off and going for a soak! Thats the real treasure there...just walking off the job is a great stress reliever, finding a pair of golds is icing on the cake!!:laughing:
Mud

Nice! My personal best was six in a day...but that may have been a different kind of gold

Attachments

• gold.jpg
    gold.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 343
Congrats...those double days are nice. Now make a mental note of where the low spot was and how the beach looked. The conditions that created it would sure be sweet to know;)

Thanks Aquaman! Mental note taken and stored lol There was an outside sandbar protecting the area that caused the low spot.

Nice rings! Good on ya for taking the afternoon off and going for a soak! Thats the real treasure there...just walking off the job is a great stress reliever, finding a pair of golds is icing on the cake!!:laughing:
Mud

Thanks, very true. Its just nice to get out for the day... gold is definitely a bonus. A little eye candy doesn't hurt either :D

Nice! My personal best was six in a day...but that may have been a different kind of gold

LOL, Thanks David!

What a Great start for 2017!! And two nice ones to add to the pile!

Double golds are super fun. Only had two of those in my MDing experience, but I'm sure looking forward to the next!

The thin diamond ring looks like my wifes but we've never been to Florida.
Congrats!

It could be! One of the girls I met on the beach said it looked just like the ring she lost too lol

What a Great start for 2017!! And two nice ones to add to the pile!

Thanks OBN, hoping my luck doesn't run out!

+ 1 , awesome HH

Thanks Ricki!

Double golds are super fun. Only had two of those in my MDing experience, but I'm sure looking forward to the next!

It was a great experience... too bad the combined weight was only 2.6 grams lol But still a lot of fun.

Back
Top Bottom