Tumblers on sale

Chipk

Elite Member
Anyone needing a tumbler for cleaning clad, Harbor Freight has their dual drum tumblers on sale for $54 (less 20% coupon). Normally $84.
Since drum are $34

That dual tumbler sold in the $40 range many years since 2010, with coupon, I agree. "Normally $84" is not the norm.

The single barrel was in the $30s at the same time, even twenties. Just sayin. Hype

20% coupons everywhere, some 25% coupons out there and it would be even less.
Can't say enough great things about my double barrel that is now 5 years old, has run close to $1000 through it and is still going strong...on its first belt, too.

Also great for cleaning other stuff like old brass.

Attachments

• P1050073.jpg
    P1050073.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 1,012
  • PicsArt_1425076711354.jpg
    PicsArt_1425076711354.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 1,036
I just put in my order for one. Not that I care about the condition of my clad, but I give it to my kids and I want it to be reasonably clean. That puts me over the 300.00 mark into this hobby.

I started this hoping I'd have a hobby where I would make money as opposed to fishing where I just spend and spend. I don't even keep the fish. Oh well, I'm sure I'll break even at some point... Right? RIGHT?????

BCD

I just put in my order for one. Not that I care about the condition of my clad, but I give it to my kids and I want it to be reasonably clean. That puts me over the 300.00 mark into this hobby.

I started this hoping I'd have a hobby where I would make money as opposed to fishing where I just spend and spend. I don't even keep the fish. Oh well, I'm sure I'll break even at some point... Right? RIGHT?????

BCD

Not to mention what a snag and lost lure can cost a fisherman these days. Especially in snag prone high productive fish catching areas..........

Part of fishing is using all the cool gear, rods, reels, lines, just like a detector with, coils, headphones...... Dirt fishing has its moments, doubt many of us would consider a gold ring, not a keeper and rebury it for some one else to find.....:lol:

jackall-swimming-ninja-package.jpg

BCD

Started in mid Feb 2010.
All my detectors, diggers, pinpointers and all other accessories cost me about $1600 total not counting batteries or gas money.
The total in clad, silver and gold jewelry and anything else that has worth is somewhere close to $6000 for me so far.
I won't ever make a living doing this but the excitement, fun, pleasure and benefits from the exercise I get is incalculable.
Gotta love a hobby that pays for itself!

BCD

Spend your first season really pounding the clad in the obvious places like parks, sports fields and schools and you will not only pay for a lot of your gear you will pick up a boatload of knowledge. :cool:

The tumbler is a good buy, you will be using it a lot! Good hunting to you! :grin:

Y
BCD

15 years ago I bought a place on the water so I can fish whenever I want. I had 3 boats and a garage full of fishing gear.

5 years ago I bought my first detectors. I haven't picked up a rod nor walked out on my dock in several years. Sold my boats and gave away most of my fishing gear.

Now I have a garage full of metal detecting gear. 7 machines, 3 scoops, 4 diggers, 4 pinpointers, 4 sets of knee pads, 5 pouches and numerous gloves. Plus tumbling gear and lots of paper coin rolls. And a box FULL of batteries.

Make money??? HAH! I banked over $3200 in clad the first two years. I've found about 40 rings and various other prizes. BUT....I always want a new machine, or some gadget that I think will help me find one more ring. I refuse to think how much this hobby has cost.

Nor do I care.

But we thought fishermen were suckers for "new and exciting" gear. They have nothing on us. :laughing:

Give me a breakdown on best way to clean pennies, clad, buttons, tokens, jewelry, etc.... Please. Thank you in advance.

I actually have stuff accumulated over the last 30 years i have not cleaned. I have been in and out of metal detecting but i am here to stay as my kids are mostly grown now and i have a lot more time to devote to the hobby.

I picked up a single drum tumbler from Harbor Freight a month or so ago. I picked up a small (1 lb) bag of natural aquarium gravel from Petco. I put about 3/4 cup of the gravel in the tumbler with a couple tablespoons of ammonia, about a teaspoon of Dawn dish soap and about 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup of water and a handful of clad and let it run overnight. I'm amazed at how a coin that was nearly solid black from years in the dirt can come out as shiny as currently circulated coins out of a register till.

I was skeptical of how well it would work, and didn't want to spend the money on cleaning coins I was going to cash in. I'm glad I bought the little tumbler. I'd buy another if this one ever dies.

Ha Ha

BCD
Nope but as long as there is hope right?

I have an old tumbler from back in the 60's - 70's that is one of those kids projects/toys made by Rapco and it still works but takes forever. We bought it back in the 70's for doing a few rocks etc... I pulled it out of the attic a few weeks ago and turned it on and it still works:laughing:.

I am thinking of getting a tumbler too but haven't done my research yet. My question is what is better the tumbler that rotates/spins/tumbles (whatever) or the vibrating ones? This will be used for clad and other small objects. I am hoping the tumblers are quieter these days than what they used to be:D

We are going to a couple of appointments tomorrow and there is a harbor freight next to one so I will check them out.

If you have an old tumbler that still works don't waste you money on a newer chinese made thing that is going to do the same thing. They turn a drum with coins in it, that's all you need.

You can probably go on ebay and get a brand new belt for your old tumbler for a few dollars and be good to go for years. Heck I spent a little extra and got an old school Thumler's Tumbler just because it isn't newly made junk.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odk....TRS0&_nkw=Rapco+tumble+stones+parts&_sacat=0

Back
Top Bottom