• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

SHOTGUN SHELL Ring made out of detecting find!!!

HullGuitars

Forum Supporter
snowing today and wife decided to make this ring out of one of the shotgun shells I found. She actually makes jewelry for a living, so it took all of 5 min. Not a very old shell.... but still cool! Now I may get her to use some of the REALLY OLD ONES and see how they turn out!

Attachments

• Gunslinger custom  (40)_001.jpg
    Gunslinger custom (40)_001.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 1,548
  • Gunslinger custom  (39)_001.jpg
    Gunslinger custom (39)_001.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 1,206
That is amazing! When you get a chance, PM me on some prices. I will send the headstamp to you that I want made into a ring. I would wear that with serious pride!

Doug

It is soldered, and has metal bonded epoxy covering the joint. Its really durable! trust me I have tested it!!! lol

Am I the only one that thought....Turtlefoot is gonna be so happy when he sees this, lol. I couldn't think of a more appropriate piece of jewelry for him.

Hullguitars, you and your wife obviously have some very special talents, her with the jewelry, you with the guitars. While I'm not a jewelry wearer, I can certainly appreciate the craftsmanship that went into making that. Bravo.

Thank you so much!!! thats very nice of you! We both enjoy working with our hands, and doing very precision work. Im a machinist by trade, so my skillset works well with her jewelry business. She has a nicer lathe/mill setup than most pro machinists I know!:laughing:

haha that was my first thought wait till turtlefoot see's this. my secound thought was How much i need 3 of them. i am a range officer on table trap here local an i think my other range officers would love them. so shoot me a pm if u looking to make a few for a cost of curse.

Simply put a tie tack on the back. They make great hat pins and are easier and quicker to make. They would probably sell just as well as a ring, if not better. They can be made with the head of any cartridge.

Back
Top Bottom