Sterling while looking for coins

eyesunder

Found this while searching for coins. It's in perfect condition and was about 3 inches down. Thinking it was lost recently since it came out so clean. The chain says Italy .925 and the charms are both .925. Found about 50 coins too.

Attachments

• Softball1.jpg
    Softball1.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 179
  • softball2.jpg
    softball2.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 179
Very nice! Congratulations!

What do you consider recent, by the way? Three inches in my soil would NOT be recent. Would put it in the 5+ years bucket, for me.

Very nice! Congratulations!

What do you consider recent, by the way? Three inches in my soil would NOT be recent. Would put it in the 5+ years bucket, for me.

Just the fact that it came out so clean. I'm new to this and I understand that gold and silver come out pretty clean but it's just not sinking in for some reason. Maybe the minerals in the soil can attack other metals but not gold and silver??

Just the fact that it came out so clean. I'm new to this and I understand that gold and silver come out pretty clean but it's just not sinking in for some reason. Maybe the minerals in the soil can attack other metals but not gold and silver??

Depending on the soil, silver will usually come out pretty clean. Sulfur messes with silver (causes it to get black), and ocean water/salt. If those aren't in your soil, silver should stay in pretty good shape.

Back
Top Bottom