permission granted...

(Heavy)

Elite Member
Naperville Illinios park district grants permission to all locations by order of Chief Carl (Naperville park police commisioner) I now carry proper athority to be displayed at any tme to any local resitance encounterd during my hunts (as a group or lone wolf). Just a phone call and one e-mail transaction, no fees were leveled against me for the permit and the incident is concluded.

HH... and if you hunt Naperville parks (midwest) be aware i'm checking your fills :lol:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: [email protected]
Cc: "Ray McGury" <[email protected]>, "Kevin Finnegan" <[email protected]>
Sent: Friday, September 9, 2011 3:20:46 PM
Subject: Metal Detector Use.

Mr. Curb Pirate :lol:

Please print a copy of this email and keep it with you while you are using a metal detector in our parks. If you are approached by any police or our personnel, just show them the letter and advise them that we discussed the proper use and conduct while using such devices in our park system. This should suffice for your purposes. I would appreciate it if you just hit reply so I know that you got this email. Please feel free to call me if you need any other assistance. I hope that you enjoy your hobby while in the parks.

Respectfully,

Chief Carl Schnibben
630-848-5049

[email protected]

Congrats on the new hunting grounds
Insane%2BHappy%2BKid.jpg

Ah! That chief Carl is a standup kinda guy. Me, I would immediately try to over-step the authority of the document.

"Let me through people, I am a metal detectorist, how can I help?"

Are you still detecting in Naperville?

Hello,

I live in Wheaton, IL and I have been looking for someone to hunt with. Are you indeed still detecting in Naperville? Would you possibly be interested in hooking up to go so some beach hunts?

I am a 7th grade teacher and have plenty of time to detect during the summer.

Please respond and let me know what you think.

Really hope to hear from you soon.

Larry

I've never seen this thread before but I've detected my city hall. Never asked anyone, just went for it. The Sheriff's office is to the right in the pic., officers in and out, people meandering around and not one peep from anyone. ....

yeah old thread. The takeaway notion implied was that the fellow now had more places to detect. Thus "it was a good thing I asked". But what were the potential answers?

a) "Sure. Go ahead. You have my say-so".

This of course implies that it's a good thing you asked, & that permission had been necessary. Otherwise how could he have answered, if their permission hadn't been necessary in the first place ?

b) "No you can't "

This also implies that the person's say-so had been necessary. Lest how else could they have said "no" ? And you come away with the same feeling: "It's a good thing I asked, lest I could have been in trouble". Or the 3rd option:

c) "Gee that's a silly question. Why are you asking me? You don't need my permission".

Ah but authority rarely works like this. They will either grant on your their princely yes or no. Afterall, when you asked. It merely implied their say-so was necessary (even if only subconsciously so). So they bestow on you their princely blessing, or their safe option of "no". But rarely ever do they shrug their shoulders and say "why are you asking me that ?"

yeah old thread. The takeaway notion implied was that the fellow now had more places to detect. Thus "it was a good thing I asked". But what were the potential answers?

a) "Sure. Go ahead. You have my say-so".

This of course implies that it's a good thing you asked, & that permission had been necessary. Otherwise how could he have answered, if their permission hadn't been necessary in the first place ?

b) "No you can't "

This also implies that the person's say-so had been necessary. Lest how else could they have said "no" ? And you come away with the same feeling: "It's a good thing I asked, lest I could have been in trouble". Or the 3rd option:

c) "Gee that's a silly question. Why are you asking me? You don't need my permission".

Ah but authority rarely works like this. They will either grant on your their princely yes or no. Afterall, when you asked. It merely implied their say-so was necessary (even if only subconsciously so). So they bestow on you their princely blessing, or their safe option of "no". But rarely ever do they shrug their shoulders and say "why are you asking me that ?"

You never miss a chance do you? Your soap box must be wearing thin where your feet go...... Careful it doesn't cave in.

Back
Top Bottom