Permission GRANTED X2..!!

007tallguy

Elite Member
i was on my way to detect a small nearby picnic park and for the heck of it, i popped into the local tourist bureau to chat with the lady there (she really knows this area and has been quite helpful to me in the past.)
there was a man present in the room who turned out to be one of the board of directors with the local heritage society! he looked familiar, but i couldn't quite place him at first, but my job involves making deliveries to the tourist bureau, and the last things i dropped off there were items for him!!
this bureau is the former railroad station in that area (built in the late 1890's) and it's been many years since any trains existed in this area (the rails are actually removed), but the majority of the property has been untouched..... prime hunting grounds for sure!
so, i asked, and they both gave a resounding YES!!! i then gave him a short demo on the MD and locating things and pinpointing and assured him that any holes i dig will indeed be small, will be re-filled and any trash will be properly disposed of. the only condition placed on me is that if i manage to turn up anything really old or anything of historical value, i'm to turn it over to him. that's certainly a fair deal to me. :D

property no. 2:
unfortunately the heritage society doesn't have any say with this one, but i stopped there and had a nice chat with the man who was there and who does have a say. ;)
the building is from the early to mid-1800's, originally a house and has since been converted into a small library. also on the premises is what looks like an old lighthouse, but it's not actually a light, it's more of a watch tower for looking out over the bay (way back before all the trees grew and blocked what had to be a beautiful view at one time). this area is known for sailboat races in the summer, a tradition that goes back a long ways and there had originally been 5 or 6 such towers, but this is the only remaining one today.
so... i asked him if anyone had ever detected there in the past (no) and what are the chances of getting permission to do some searching there? again, i explained the process, trash gets disposed of and anything of greater value gets turned over to him. he could see no problem with it, he even told me where the dump used to be on the property, it's near a ditch and old bottles turn up every now and then from the forces of erosion.
so, lots of potential on both of these properties and no hesitation from either party about me working these places! :D:D any good finds from either place may also open some other doors in that area where there are many older houses, mid to late 1700's and numerous ones from the 1800's.

will try to work each this coming weekend and see what i can come up with and also get a few photos to post.

thanks for reading.

Pete

Sounds like some great potential in those 2 sites! I hope you find tons of goodies to show us! I live through others cool posts because I don't find many of my own. :lol:

Good Luck!

G2M

Hey, I'll jump on the G5 and be right there! After all - 2 places requires 2 ACE 250's doesn't it? :yes: And since I thought of it first...:lol:

You hit the JACKPOT!
Your gonna be busy for a while, WTG & happy hunting!

Hey, I'll jump on the G5 and be right there! After all - 2 places requires 2 ACE 250's doesn't it? :yes: And since I thought of it first...:lol:

i just got home from site no. 2 a little while ago, gotta take a few photos to post in the "stories" section..... can't reveal it all here, haha!

and yes sir, 2 Aces would definitely clean up at both of these sites! i know one Ace did pretty darn good today! haha, kind of a long drive for you though. :lol:

Pete

i just got home from site no. 2 a little while ago, gotta take a few photos to post in the "stories" section..... can't reveal it all here, haha!

and yes sir, 2 Aces would definitely clean up at both of these sites! i know one Ace did pretty darn good today! haha, kind of a long drive for you though. :lol:

Pete

It would be a snap in this baby! The Gulfstream G550. Just gotta hit the lottery first....:lol:

Attachments

• G550.jpg
    G550.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 297
It would be a snap in this baby! The Gulfstream G550. Just gotta hit the lottery first....:lol:

or build a raft. heck, the trade winds blow right up the coast. hang a left at Gull Rock and you're there! you could even pop in to Oak Island along the way. you gotta go within a mile of it anyway, so why not, haha. :lol::lol:

Some people have all the luck! Well, I hope you find some great stuff!

thanks! it's partly luck, partly being in the right place at the right time, partly who i know (a few connections here and there, hehe) and largely nervous asking them for permission in the first place! :lol:
haven't been doing too bad at all either, over 2 dozen coins in the past 3 days including a 1896 large cent, a 1910 large cent, a 1907 Indian Head penny and a 1948 silver quarter! and there should eventually be more.... :)
(i've got a couple of threads in the "stories and pics of finds" section)

Pete

Back
Top Bottom