American Indian's

(Heavy)

Elite Member
hey guys,

Newly outfitted member here and i'm planning my first location in the spring on a Indian camp ground. The area is close to a river and well wooded with several clearings to scout out for goodies.... my stupid question is;

Do you think these Fox Indian's that hunted and farmed until the early 1800's in my area contain anything you guys would scout out? I mean i picture some very earthy people with not much going on coin wise and more relic action for a MD to target than precious metals.

Maybe better to go beach combing through the hypo needles down on Lake Shore and snag something of value for my first hunt then passing over arrow heads with a MD and losing the trill of a first find for a noob.

If you are not spooked by tales of ancestrial spirits what are your thoughts on polking around such an Indian settlement?

bg

hmm go for the beach type area. I bought a 1919 book about maine archeology, it talks about indian camps across the state, and where they have excavated indian artifacts, I was thinking to hunt some of the areas the book talks about, but I am thinking they probably didn't have too much metal to find.

but I haven't tried, so I can't give you a sure thing answer.

The only "indian metal" around here is what they traded for with the Spanish and later the Americans.......

Dusty

The only "indian metal" around here is what they traded for with the Spanish and later the Americans.......

Dusty

thanks, hey that monkey is scaring me:runaway:
and you have a long list of machines... which one speaks to you the truth? and which one is easiest to use?

thanks, hey that monkey is scaring me:runaway:
and you have a long list of machines... which one speaks to you the truth? and which one is easiest to use?

Most easy is the Compadre......speaking the "truth" is a toss up when it comes to gold nuggets, but in a pinch, the Fisher Gold Bug SE normally wins out followed by the Minelab.....

Dusty

Can hear the chief now................"Ugh, this 1877 worth much wampum in 21st century. Me bury 3 under teepee........................................"

Can hear the chief now................"Ugh, this 1877 worth much wampum in 21st century. Me bury 3 under teepee........................................"

......so that I can go on to happy hunting grounds......

No slurs to Native Americans.......I am 1/8 Comanche myself.....

Dusty

Just be sure the Indian grounds are legal to hunt. Some counties don't let you hunt on Indian grounds such as mound areas in DuPage. You don't want your MD taken from you on top of fines. HH

Didn't they have these? May find one there. WOLF

Attachments

• mc.jpg
    mc.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 233
Just be sure the Indian grounds are legal to hunt. Some counties don't let you hunt on Indian grounds such as mound areas in DuPage. You don't want your MD taken from you on top of fines. HH

I was just gettin ready to point this fact out most indian sites in michigan are off limits to "digging" of any sort i have a friend who is an archie and tried getting info from her but alas she would not break under pressure and she warned me of old indian sites that fines are hefty and loss of equipment is guaranteed if caught huntin these areas not sure laws in your area but be careful

Back
Top Bottom