Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Detectors and Gear > Make It or Fix It Yourself

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-24-2010, 01:21 PM

I get the idea that it is fun to mess around and try to modify and fix things, I have done it myself.....but gee whiz all this for a $15 pinpointer! I got one because they were on sale and had a discount coupon, I got it because my wife started to metal detect with me using my old Ace 250 well after a few uses the button stopped working so I tinkered with it and fixed it but it was so hard for her to use...setting sensitivity etc I got her a Garrett Pro Pointer too. It is one thing to have fun tinkering but if I am out spending time detecting I want something I can count on. No offence intended to anyone who uses the Cen Tech and it is better than nothing.