Still can't believe it! Pure Shock *Update*

You guys are amazing and YES they were the Greatest Generation and gave us the right to do what we love and cherish today.

The 12 Winchester shell is a typical shell from that time period. The soldiers had issues with paper body cases swelling and not chambering so they sometimes using all brass bodies for the shells most likely 00 buck and could have been shot out of one of many issued shotguns but most likely a M97. Awsome finds my friend....I will be leaving Germany in Aug. Hope to maybe meet up for a hunt sometime. HH

The 12 Winchester shell is a typical shell from that time period. The soldiers had issues with paper body cases swelling and not chambering so they sometimes using all brass bodies for the shells most likely 00 buck and could have been shot out of one of many issued shotguns but most likely a M97. Awsome finds my friend....I will be leaving Germany in Aug. Hope to maybe meet up for a hunt sometime. HH

Hey guys thanks for all of the kind words! LRS23S lets setup a date for a hunt. I am off work until May when me and my wife are PCS"ing also thanks for the info on the shotgun shell I thought it might have been mil issue but I wasnt sure....

That is pretty neat, I would personally keep the dog tags I would not throw them back. The reason is that the tag might belong to a downed pilot or MIA/KIA soldier that the military has no record of. If it turns out that the tag belongs to a soldier who was burried at sea then you could always return it to the ocean....just my opinion though =)

These dog tags and other military items aren't like you are finding.They come from a nearby military base.Some probably fall overboard.But they used to also take soldiers bodies off shore and dump them overboard.My dad wants to be cremated and shot out of one of their big guns,since he was involved in them throughout his Naval career.But i think now they just hold your remains,and first chance they get,dump your ashes.The military is a lot more funny now.I used to go on subs with nukes,etc. with by dad when they were in port and visit friends.I can't even get on the base any more.

Fantastic coins! Those coins are from a time in Germany where the nation was solidly divided into a patchwork of states controlled by entrenched monarchs constantly at odds with each other and embroiled in the 30 Years War, which was the ultimate catalyst for mass emigration of Germans to America.

Along with the WWII discoveries, in a single hunt you and your mates created a closed loop of history! :yes:

Fantastic coins! Those coins are from a time in Germany where the nation was solidly divided into a patchwork of states controlled by entrenched monarchs constantly at odds with each other and embroiled in the 30 Years War, which was the ultimate catalyst for mass emigration of Germans to America.

Along with the WWII discoveries, in a single hunt you and your mates created a closed loop of history! :yes:

Wow I have never thought about it that way, I love hunting here in europe because you are going to find!

I must be amazing to live in a place where anywhere you go, it will have had human activity over and over again for thousands of years. Any random patch of ground may contain some lost metal item. I look forward to seeing future finds!

Wow I have never thought about it that way, I love hunting here in europe because you are going to find!

amazing finds! that's a lot of history right there... is this the kind which archies will hate MD'ers for digging them out? :wow:

No not at all this is small fries compared to what is usually found in Europe. And the archaologists here are not nearly as stuck up as they are in the states which is hilarious to me because Europe has about 3 billion times more history. I have taken things to local museums and they simply dont want the itmes or they dont have the room....

Kolby,
Congrats my friend for finding that amazing stuff :wow:
Most of all I like those roman harrow heads .Myself, I never found
anything roman yet .:no:

Kolby,
Congrats my friend for finding that amazing stuff :wow:
Most of all I like those roman harrow heads .Myself, I never found
anything roman yet .:no:

I have found some Roman coins but this is my first Roman crossbow bolt, at first I thought it was a tool or something but it is def a Roman crossbow bolt and it did impact something maybe a breast plate or just a rock who knows!?!?

I have never had the kind of luck that my buddy who found the coin stash has.... He is always joking and never really serious but he is always finding silver coin stashes!

Fantastic finds! Next time I'm in Germany visiting my in-laws, I have to figure out how to escape for a few days and hook up with you guys...

Great coins and cross bow bolt. I'm jealous of all the cool things that can be found in Europe.

Kolby , The finds over there are truly amazing ..you are going to be heart broken when you have to come back to the states and find them stinking Zincolns :D
Congrats on some amazing finds !!

Well I encourage anyone who can to come out here to Europe and hunt with us. Hunting here is awesome! I hunt in all metal mode here most of the time because you just never know what you are going to find. Heading to the states will be downright heartbreaking for me. Luckily I have made some awesome friends here who will take me in for a couple weeks at a time and flying back from San Antonio is free for me because I will be a military dependant.

Back
Top Bottom