Nice lil door knock, 3 tokens and a barber

goes4ever

Elite Member
last nite after work, my buddy and I door knocked and I found 6 wheats, a catholic pin, that sure looks silver but is not marked, it came out of hole shining and cleaned out with just water like a silver dime does..... a 1892 barber dime and three aluminum tokens. The good for 5 cent token is my favorite since it is from my town.

Attachments

• dirty 9-30.jpg
    dirty 9-30.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 452
  • 9-30-14.jpg
    9-30-14.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 456
  • barber.jpg
    barber.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 446
  • token front.jpg
    token front.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 443
  • token rear.jpg
    token rear.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 454
Cool finds as always. I agree on your favorite find. My personal favorite find is also a store token from my hometown. Yet mine I can't find anything about it. Even with the help of a local historian. I would say rare on that one..

So awesome hunt! Love the before and after shots!

They cleaned up really nice. Congrats!
That Catholic Pin is really cool. Well Done!:yes:

Nice group of finds! I'm surprised that the tokens cleaned up so well, your soil was kind to them. Congrats!

I guess I have to brush up on my door knocking technic. I had a lot of luck last year. But this year have only been granted permission twice. My very best find door knocking is a 1832 cap bust dime and a 1853 large cent the two came from the same yard. And the two are in extra fine shape.

I have to ask - What is "door knocked"?

BTW: Nice finds!

*knock* *knock*

Excuse me good sir, might I search your property with my metal detector?

In G4E's case it is more like:

"Greeting, I am doing a research project. I am trying to find out exactly how many silver coins will collapse my floor. I am needing a few more, might I search your property?"

*knock* *knock*

Excuse me good sir, might I search your property with my metal detector?

In G4E's case it is more like:

"Greeting, I am doing a research project. I am trying to find out exactly how many silver coins will collapse my floor. I am needing a few more, might I search your property?"
:laughing: good one, i need to try that :laughing:

Back
Top Bottom