MX Sport Question

Gonna depend on a few factors. Are you hunting yards, parks, fields? What is the ground mineralization? My settings for my MX Sport here in Ohio could be way off in New York but In parks around here, I hunt with the following settings.

Mode - C&J
Sensitivity- 5
Threshold - 4
Tones - 4
Reject Volume - 10

The Coin & Jewelry program is fine. I wouldn't go higher than 6 on sensitivity or those iron nails are going to sound irresistible.

If you are doing dry sand, woods, or farm fields, I would search in All metal since it will get you the best depth. All metal is not so great for trashy parks. Be sure that VCO and iron grunt are turned on in All Metal. Set SAT to match your swing. If you are on really clean ground and are swinging super slow, SAT of 1 or 2 will suffice. If you swing fast, set it to 3 or above - which ever value will get you an even, constant threshold.

Discrimination is a personal preference. I tend to go light on it, or turn it off all together. The less sliced and diced your signal is, the greater depth you will get. If I use it, I will set it ~0 or -10ish.

Another preference of mine is to use all of the sounds. I use to use 8 sounds, but it wasn't enough for me to distinguish targets, so I switched to 20 sounds. It is more informative for me. Disc Audio is set to 0 in really trashy areas. 10% in cleaner ground.

Back
Top Bottom