• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

FBI stole the gold

needler420

Elite Member
https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/...ge-fbi-over-dig-legendary-gold-025045374.html

gO67o85.gif

Yup. Sure. A grand conspiracy. No amount of proof will EVER disprove that a treasure "most certainly" existed. No matter HOW many dry holes someone digs, that doesn't mean "there's no treasure". It merely means:

A) must be a little deeper

B) A little more to the right.

C) A little more to the left.

D) A governement conspiracy coverup . Surreptitiously secreted away during the night. After all, their "squinty eyes" and some "noise a neighbor heard" most CERTAINLY point to grand conspiracy, right ? :wow:

See what's going on ? They are STARTING with the premise that a "treasure was (or is) there". NO AMOUNT OF EVIDENCE will EVER disprove it. The "faithful" will always find some far-fetched remote contingent theory about how it was (or is still) there. And if you try to show that doesn't work logistically, they will find some crazy way or method how it *could still* be true. Eg.: taken away with black helicopters, 100 Navy seals who are sworn to secrecy, yet dressed like normal civilians so you don't know that they are up-to-no-good, etc...

C'mon people ! This is just another ghost story legend. Like Oak Island, Yamashita, etc... A camp-fire story gone awry. But we all fall for it so easily, since no one wants to be "left out". No one wants to be laughed at "all the way to the bank".

Hence people put critical thinking aside, when it comes to treasure. And hold on to any remote shred of possibility. No matter how insanely improbable. No matter how much the evidence stacks up against the notions. No matter how many "more pluasible explanations" exist for those "squinty eyes" and "noises in the night". But no: The human mind, in an effort to believe the treasure, will see ANY MOUSE FART as ultimate proof of a treasure.

RTR, if you are pointing to this (GPR) to bolster this particular story (since that's one of the devices that they say they got a signals with for this Dents Run nonsense), I got news for you :

You can take ANY metal detecting device. Eg.: Standard detectors, GPR, magnetometers, etc... And go out to ANY random place. And ... I'll bet you get a signal. Let's be honest: How often have you read a thread, by a newbie (even if they don't admit to "being a newbie", and even if "they are smart"), yet complain of disappearing signals ? Ie.: "I got a signal, dug down, and nothing is there" It is repeated over and over and over again. And each time , there's always a reason. Or quite frankly: Wherever human beings habitat-ed, well, surprise surprise, there will be metal in the ground. Go out anywhere humans have lived for 100 yrs, and I'll bet that when you turn on a metal detector, that you'll get some beeps.

I do NOT construe the supposed "signal on a GPR" of proving any sort of certainty of "treasure". Bottle diggers use those all the time, and have to sort out all sorts of blurry images, beeps and bops. But in these guy's minds (who were ALREADY convinced of a treasure), then sure: Any beep or bop or blurry image is CERTAIN PROOF of a treasure. Right ?

And don't forget, these clowns were also using dowsing and/or LRL at various times (very scientific, right ? :roll: ). And that they think they found the Knights Templar treasure, blah blah blah. This is not their first smoke-creating media circus.

They are a black-eye to the hobby , IMHO.

RTR, if you are pointing to this (GPR) to bolster this particular story (since that's one of the devices that they say they got a signals with for this Dents Run nonsense), I got news for you :

You can take ANY metal detecting device. Eg.: Standard detectors, GPR, magnetometers, etc... And go out to ANY random place. And ... I'll bet you get a signal. Let's be honest: How often have you read a thread, by a newbie (even if they don't admit to "being a newbie", and even if "they are smart"), yet complain of disappearing signals ? Ie.: "I got a signal, dug down, and nothing is there" It is repeated over and over and over again. And each time , there's always a reason. Or quite frankly: Wherever human beings habitat-ed, well, surprise surprise, there will be metal in the ground. Go out anywhere humans have lived for 100 yrs, and I'll bet that when you turn on a metal detector, that you'll get some beeps.

I do NOT construe the supposed "signal on a GPR" of proving any sort of certainty of "treasure". Bottle diggers use those all the time, and have to sort out all sorts of blurry images, beeps and bops. But in these guy's minds (who were ALREADY convinced of a treasure), then sure: Any beep or bop or blurry image is CERTAIN PROOF of a treasure. Right ?

And don't forget, these clowns were also using dowsing and/or LRL at various times (very scientific, right ? :roll: ). And that they think they found the Knights Templar treasure, blah blah blah. This is not their first smoke-creating media circus.

They are a black-eye to the hobby , IMHO.

TOO LATE >> https://www.nasa.gov/topics/earth/features/space-archaeology.html

Huh ? What is the point ? So too is it a foregone conclusion that metal detectors beep over metal . But why do we see repeated posts of guys complaining of disappearing signals ? Confusion over what the detector is telling them ? Etc.... Scroll down the pages of ANY md'ing forum, and you'll see various posts of this learning experience/questions.

Just because a machine or technology "works", does not, of necessity, mean any signal (or conjectured signal) means "treasure". Does it. I can probably go out in my own back yard (I have a 1/2 acre woodsy backyard), and I'll bet I can get a signal from various scientific devices, when/if I hold it or jiggle it in a certain way, hold certain biases of "certain treasure", etc.....

These treasure hunters are like the team from the Finding Bigfoot show. Ohhhh, a rock laying out on the trail? That’s a clear Sasquatch communication technique to warn people to stay back. See that broken twig? A Sasquatch did that to mark their lines of movement.

A voice of fresh air.

But ... as we all know, you are a "shill" . Sent by the government. To plant doubts in reader's minds. As a clever attempt to cover up that you guys secreted away the treasure in the night. 'Fess up !!

I love a great Lost Treasure Hunt story as much as the next guy...In fact, I have a few of my own that I've made up over the years to capture the imagination of my Nieces and Nephews around the Family Reunion campfire!

Something to get the kiddies all weeweed up about being outdoors and on the hunt for riches instead of working for it!! The 'working for it' strategy has not paid off in any meaningful way for the mud-Pup clan....so these stories do present a viable option and attractive alternative!

"Old Dans Gold" is a good one!

The thing that puzzles me is why has there not been a "Reality" show made yet. Shows like diggers, Rebel gold, curse of oak island and others rake in the big money because they are cheap to make. And some people actually believe that they are real.

It has been my experience that people can't keep their mouths shut. They gotta tell someone, then that someone tells someone else. If the FBI is involved, and if they found this huge buried treasure, it won't stay a secret. Because FBI agents aren't doing the dirty work of digging it up. Besides, FBI agents are just like everyone else, they like to impress their friends. Then there would be backhoe drivers, truck drivers, you name it, all out there working on it. And they all aren't going to keep the secret, they are going to go out and try to impress their friends and family by telling them how they helped the FBI dig up some buried treasure from the civil war. If someone hasn't talked already, I'm not believing it happened..

The thing that puzzles me is why has there not been a "Reality" show made yet. Shows like diggers, Rebel gold, curse of oak island and others rake in the big money because they are cheap to make. And some people actually believe that they are real.

I am sure one is in the works! :roll: Look up "Dent's Run".

Last edited:
A Reminder to never to look under any blankets for civil war gold...

“I got the gold right here under this blanket me and Josey stole from the bank”- Outlaw Josey Wales

One of my favorite scenes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am sure one is in the works! :roll: Look up "Dent's Run".

And THEREIN lies the "treasure" that F.K. has "found". Whatever fun, fame, and $ he can get from the publicity. No $$ from an actual find, since .... as he himself would have to admit, none has been "found".

Of course, it depends on a person's definition of "found". Because in his mind's eyes, it's there, (ie.: "found") but .... it's just out of his grasp. Red tape keeps him from bringing it to the surface. But rest assured, it's "found" (past tense), eh ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just quite similar as watching the Bigfoot shows or such...if a Bigfoot was really found(or a UFO or lost gold or...) do you really think the very show that you’re watching that’s pre-taped quite awhile ago is going to be the first place you hear about it? The public is deluded by their own delusional delusions. That big screen in your living room is the biggest waste of life ever invented,though it’s good for informational purposes and occasional ball games. This clown that thinks he and his son are entitled to a portion of the non-existent fantasy treasure? It’s way more likely that they were working on a crime scene of some kind,perhaps a serial killer case?....who knows. But the aforementioned point of the “treasure” being perpetually out of reach for one reason or another is spot on. Complete,un-adulterated horsecrap.

Yup. Sure. A grand conspiracy. No amount of proof will EVER disprove that a treasure "most certainly" existed. No matter HOW many dry holes someone digs, that doesn't mean "there's no treasure". It merely means:

A) must be a little deeper

B) A little more to the right.

C) A little more to the left.

D) A governement conspiracy coverup . Surreptitiously secreted away during the night. After all, their "squinty eyes" and some "noise a neighbor heard" most CERTAINLY point to grand conspiracy, right ? :wow:

See what's going on ? They are STARTING with the premise that a "treasure was (or is) there". NO AMOUNT OF EVIDENCE will EVER disprove it. The "faithful" will always find some far-fetched remote contingent theory about how it was (or is still) there. And if you try to show that doesn't work logistically, they will find some crazy way or method how it *could still* be true. Eg.: taken away with black helicopters, 100 Navy seals who are sworn to secrecy, yet dressed like normal civilians so you don't know that they are up-to-no-good, etc...

C'mon people ! This is just another ghost story legend. Like Oak Island, Yamashita, etc... A camp-fire story gone awry. But we all fall for it so easily, since no one wants to be "left out". No one wants to be laughed at "all the way to the bank".

Hence people put critical thinking aside, when it comes to treasure. And hold on to any remote shred of possibility. No matter how insanely improbable. No matter how much the evidence stacks up against the notions. No matter how many "more pluasible explanations" exist for those "squinty eyes" and "noises in the night". But no: The human mind, in an effort to believe the treasure, will see ANY MOUSE FART as ultimate proof of a treasure.

yep, where did it go, left, right, up, down?

that is why many gold miners lost the pay streak. there was a fault in the rock and it could have shifted up,down, left, right 100 feet and the miners just did not know what to do so they went looking for gold elsewhere.

yep, where did it go, left, right, up, down?

that is why many gold miners lost the pay streak. there was a fault in the rock and it could have shifted up,down, left, right 100 feet and the miners just did not know what to do so they went looking for gold elsewhere.

Maxxkatt, I'm trying to understand your post. But if I'm reading you correctly, you are pointing to gold veins (as found in nature) that can go a variety of directions. And a miner who fails to search all directions, or who gives up and leaves, is going to be left without his gold strike, right ?

If so, I'll go one further than your post : "If Mel Fisher had had a quitter attitude, he would never have found the Atocha". Right ?

Therefore, we can conclude that any kill-joy skeptic, like Tom_in_CA, will never enjoy success, because he/they are not holding out hope, continuing the search, keeping their options open, keeping an open mind, etc... Right ? Is that your desired outcome with the gold vein direction analogy ?

If so, then here's the weakness of this analogy: In the gold vein analogy: It presumes that there is gold there, that will be rewarded to the person who doesn't give up, and keeps chipping away multiple directions. For this analogy to be true, for Dents Run, it will have to assume that "there is a treasure, as long as we/they keep digging left, right or deeper. It's never that there's 'no treasure' ". Right ?

Same for Mel Fisher : In his case, there WAS a treasure. For that to be analogous to Dent's Run, we have to assume, there IS a treasure. Why is that a given ?

And I do not construe "skepticism" as "closing doors" and "limiting finds" . It is actually QUITE THE OPPOSITE : Because someone who skeptically closes the doors of silly legends that have no basis, will end up spending his time , on leads, that have MORE POTENTIAL (Ie.: those with bases in fact). Thus: Far from "limiting finds", skepticism INCREASES finds. So that your time is spent at more likely locations.

Back
Top Bottom