A Totlot Pfenning!

Mud-puppy

Forum Supporter
Hit my favorite totter just before Sun-up...Since the chips will be freezing in another few days, I thought I better run my route and get it clean for the season...Hit this 1921 English Pfenny! Same as what Brother XTerra found a week ago only newer! Its got a guys head on one side, and a guy in a wheelchair wearing a bicycle helmet and brandishing a fish spear on the back...This same totter has coughed up a lot of foreign coins, gold, and even that old IHP earlier this year...Evidently some kid has access to poor old Grandpas coin collection! :laughing:

On the third totter I got a pair of rings. Luckily, the big one is 925 and fits the Wife! That tiny little jewelry piece in there? The F70 hits those tiny things too which gives a fellow confidence for chain hunting......Then I rambled around some school sportsfields and door entrances hitting random clad drops. Took a look at the Big Lake, but it was a no go again...This is a fun Sport just dinking around of a morning! Never gets old! :laughing:

Attachments

• dec 2-17.jpg
    dec 2-17.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 243
  • dec 2-17-1.jpg
    dec 2-17-1.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 206
  • dec 2-17-2.jpg
    dec 2-17-2.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 209
  • dec 2-17-3.jpg
    dec 2-17-3.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 208
Wow! Nice finds Mud! I love school yards just because you never know what 'show and tell items' are going to turn up. ;)

Way to go Mud!

Nich catch!

<°)))>{

Thanks Ice! Here comes the cold and snow!

Congrats on the Clad, Jewelry, & 1921 English Pfenny! :detector: Nice scores. :D

Yep, we will take what we can get Wolf!

Another awesome hit there Mudd. You are right, this is an awesome hobby

Right? Its like having a reason to go dink around!

Good Job Mud !

Thanks, Its been a while since I've done a string of totters.

Dang! Great haul there mud!

Yep! Making pay while we can here CD! I will say these totters are not as full as they used to be...the schools went with some sort of scanner to charge the kids for lunch, so they dont carry as much money anymore..

I'd say that you had a great day! It won't be long before you're frozen in.

beephead

Man...Like about 48hrs from now and then we will be hunting the water or snowpiles!

Pretty slick there, slick! Granpa's coins and Gramma's jewelry, plus the kids' lunch money to boot!
Good Haul...especially for a day in December!

Thanks Foragist...Looking back, December has traditionally been a decent month for me..

Dang Mud, you've been raking it in these past few weeks!!

Right Toad? Making up for Time lost all this season working on this house! Pent up demand!:laughing:

Congrats on the bonus items in addition to your usual haul of clad!

That little tiny hexagon silver jewelry thingy? The Wife ways would cost a couple of dollars if a person went to buy one..musta been a bracelet blow up, I looked for the rest but no luck..

Nice haul Mud!

Thanks Tab, it was fun and easy duty!

Can't beat finding cool coins in the chips!

Noah

Thanks Noah, I'll tell you though, those pennies can be hard to see laying in the same color chips, sometimes it takes a few kicks to get them exposed...

Wow! Nice finds Mud! I love school yards just because you never know what 'show and tell items' are going to turn up. ;)

Yeah! Me too Dan! Theres a science to it as well...how people interact with structure, which ones are drop zone gear!

Nice hunt Mud, and congrats on that seated Britannia. It's always interesting to find old coins in newly built places!

Thanks XT! A guy just never knows what kind of adventure and treasure awaits once he gets out of the house!:laughing:

It sure is nice of them nasty kids to take Grandpas old money and Grannies jewlery and drop if off at the tot lots. :laughing:
What would we do with out kids with sticky fingers.. :laughing:
My tot lots are so clean , you can eat off them..
NIce hunt.. KEN :D

Mud .... love the fact that your just killin it late in the season.
Where do we contact you for a guided trip . I want me some of that action .
,Dew

Back
Top Bottom