Big Old Tree

Mud-puppy

Forum Supporter
After a delightful morning busting clanks in the beach and water hunters section, I decided to get outdoors for a little...I drove on over to an old Park to get some air and dink around with the F70...This place is full of caps, tabs, and screwoffs, so I figured one more screwoff in here cant hurt!:laughing: I parked and went to the most obvious location that ANY detectorist would be drawn to. The largest and friendliest looking old oak tree in the place!

Very first signal was a copper penny tone, except a bit lower in tone and TID than normal, and very shallow too...Right next to it a foot away was an identical signal at the same 2" depth?...Imagine my surprise when I stabbed a pair of wheaties! How on Earth would anybody ever miss these? I had fun picking through the trash practicing stabbing signals and pulling pennies...I came across a group of picnic tables mating...also, heres a pic of a beach hunt from yesterday...

This area affords a Detectorist with a multitude of hunting options depending on the conditions...The Big Lake is way too rough today...

Attachments

• nov 30-17.jpg
    nov 30-17.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 481
  • nov 30-17-1.jpg
    nov 30-17-1.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 456
  • nov 30-17-2.jpg
    nov 30-17-2.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 465
Nice looking Lake and Beach. I wished my local Lake (known as the Western Basin of Lake Erie) had a water and a beach that look that nice.

Fake news! That picture shows an AT Pro, not an F70. This is obviously a picture from a previous date. You were obviously home, drinking beer and binge watching "Honey Boo Boo", not out braving the elements.

Sometimes people pass right by a great spot to detect because they think it's too good and has been detected to death. On the other hand, people don't detect places that don't look good. It's best to hit them all.

beephead

Just got back from walking the dogs, also checked to see that Mud recovered the wheats neatly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That nice flat calm beach pic is from the Day BEFORE! Heck..dead flat calm THAT day!...

I dont waste time hunting parks for dirt pennies or sneaking up on unsuspecting picnic tables if the Lake is flat and a warm 45 degrees!..The Lake conditions dictate where a guy is going to go on a day by day basis...! I thought I'd throw this beach picture in on account of it shows the varieties of hunting available here within my AO..:p:laughing:

I hope you do not get in trouble again for posting pictures of them tables making baby benches. :laughing:
That almost reminds me of my grandpa. When I was very little, I asked grandpa why that pig was trying to get a ride. Grandpa said, They are making bacon... KEN :no:

Back
Top Bottom