First silver coin and silver Ring

Robm1093

After finding My first silver ring in my yard I decided to try the front lawn and dug a small coin spill of three coins, two penny's and a silver dime 1941 my first silver coin, I Also dug a watch the other day and small silver handle. The place is giving up some clad and a load of penny's hopefully theirs some moor silver on my small plot of land...

Attachments

• IMG_1672 (2).jpg
    IMG_1672 (2).jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 307
  • IMG_1680 (2).jpg
    IMG_1680 (2).jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 275
  • IMG_1669 (3).jpg
    IMG_1669 (3).jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 264
Last edited:
That handle looks like silver too...

Big congrats, cool ring, maybe another picture of the side details?

Thanks for sharing!

<°)))>{

Awesome first Merc! That ring is sweet. Does it have markings? What do the sides look like?

side details

Thanks, I was happy to fin the ring. It was existing to see it in the ground, side details below... its a Rare Vintage End Of The Trail Horse Ring Equestrian Native American Indian Horse Sterling Silver.
The End of the Trail by James Earle Fraser 1876 - 1953
This lone figure on his weary horse is one of the most recognized symbols of the American West. By many it is viewed as a reverent memorial to a great and valiant people. To some Native Americans, however, it is viewed as a reminder of defeat and subjugation a century ago. The monumental, 18' plaster sculpture was created for San Francisco's 1915 Panama-Pacific International Exposition and received the exposition's Gold Medal for sculpture. The subject of immediate popular acclaim, the image was widely reproduced in postcard, print, curio and miniature form.

Attachments

• IMG_1682 (2).jpg
    IMG_1682 (2).jpg
    36 KB · Views: 239
Last edited:
That is a really cool ring to find. Those kind of look like Fred Harvey Era stamped designs on the side. Curious what is stamped on the inside?
I seen one being sold they seed was from old stock from a native American shop, vintage and rare

Beautiful finds! You got treasure right in your yard! That place sure has seen a lot of activity in the days gone by! Congratulations!

Great finds. Glad you have the history behind the image, too. That imagry still haunts me, since the first time I saw it (when I was learning about the Trail of Tears in school).

Ring makes me sad, but it's a heck-of-a find.

Cheers,

Skippy

Nice find! I stumbled across this as i am searching for that ring. My dad gave me before he passed and i believe my niece stole it and my class ring. If you are going to sell it would you be so kind to contact me? Thank you

Back
Top Bottom