its getting close

GetDiggin

Forum Supporter
Hi all,
I posted a couple posts here and there to narrow down my search on my new detector. I currently have a Fisher F75 and it's a very good detector but with ny ADHD I bore very easily and usually need to get a new detector each year. I do a lot of 1800s properties, coins and relics, I love mh silver but we love relics too. But the biggest things this year is we hit a Lake Huron beach and really enjoyed it so I would like to at least keep that in mind with the new detector. So far the choices are as followed and would like to know if anyone have maybe used all 3 of them and can give me some insight.

XP Deus
White's V3i
Minelab E - Trac

Those are basically the 3 in my sights, the AT Pro is close, but because I have owned it in the past, I may bore faster with it. I know that doesn't make sense to a lot of people but it's something I gotta think of.

Thanks,
Rich

It is the top detector on my list, but unfortunately I will not have the money to buy brand new. I will be looking for a used one in yhe $1100 range. I would really love to find one with the headphones upgrade too or the Grey ghost upgrade. It's a lot to ask for in my price range so I may need to search around a bit. That is really the only reason I am even considering the other 2 detectors hehe, they are a bit more realistic in my range, but man with me being disabled the lightweight Deus is really the way I want to go.

Thanks,
Rich

v3i would be best for tinkering and not being bored. however, its heavy. they can be had under 900 with warranty left. deus would be the light choice

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

If you bore easy the the V3i or the Deus would be the 2 to look at.

I will say this about the V3i. It is Highly underrated. It is a very versital machine and is not hard to learn. If you get a chance to try one out , do it.

Won't be bored with the V3i. You'll learn something new for at least the next year or two:lol:

What does the v3i weigh? I cant seem to find a accurate number. Also is it balanced well? I had a Safari before and the damn thing felt like I was swinging a cinderblock lol, I heard tne e - trac is much easier to swing then the Safari, but I was hoping the V3i is even better.

Thanks,
Rich

If you bore easy the the V3i or the Deus would be the 2 to look at.

I will say this about the V3i. It is Highly underrated. It is a very versital machine and is not hard to learn. If you get a chance to try one out , do it.

Hey Doc,
I see you have the etrac and the v3i, and you have the f75 so you would be the perfect person to get advice from on weight. As I am coming from the f75, how would you compare the v3i and Etrac to the f75 as far as the swing comfort?

Rich

What does the v3i weigh? I cant seem to find a accurate number. Also is it balanced well? I had a Safari before and the damn thing felt like I was swinging a cinderblock lol, I heard tne e - trac is much easier to swing then the Safari, but I was hoping the V3i is even better.

Thanks,
Rich

its balanced well but about a lb heavier than f75. build quality is second to none.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Thanks,
Rich

Ran the V3i and DFX and MXT. Whites machines depend on the coil you use as far as balance goes. The super 12" can be hard to swing for a long time. 12x10 SEF I could swing for hours. Also have a 15x12"SEF. Another tough one for me to swing. 950 coil swung good! Likely the whites is heavier. But my Whites feel lighter than my CTX. Just depends on the person swinging one. AT Pro is light. And with a big coil its the worst swinging detector I own. Too much weight up front.

The F75 is sweet to swing,weighs almost nothing. When I picked up the V3i I was surprised how much it didn't weigh. It feels lighter and is balanced better then the Etrac. I don't know what the official weight is on the V but it may weigh maybe a pound more then.

Oh, ok thanks all. So basically I think you guys brought it down to 2. I am currently talking to Ski about a brand new Deus which I didn't even think could be a possibility, but after talking to Ski I just maybe able to make it work, if not and if I can't find a used one yhen it will be the V3i.

Thanks again all,
Rich

Looks like I am leaning towards the V3i, id really like to try the Deus out to see if I would like it, but I think I am leaning towards saving some money and getting the detector I've wanted for awhile now. The major down fall for me is going to be the weight, I am definitely going to be investing in a Swingy thingy. After watching a lot of videos I really love all the features the v3i has, I love the real time frequency ID, and the sizing ability. Plus I am sure I will find a ton of other things I will like. I have no idea what the Polar Plot really is, but I am sure it will just be another tool in my tool belt.

Rich

Im so confused lol. To answer Barts question though, yes I ended up with the V3i..... for now lol.

HH,
Rich

Back
Top Bottom