An AT Pro upgrade

Dark Chameleon

Elite Member
OK you MD masters and mistresses...What machine would you upgrade an AT Pro to?....I'm in Massachusetts and want a powerful machine but something I can use in the surf so salt water but also land...im hearing the ctx and atx, excel 2...but which is best for beach and surf?.

I don't know if I'm selling my atp cos its so damn good but florida doesn't have much land searching or at least not Sanibel where I'm aiming.

It all depends on the cost..i want hopefully something under $2000 so thinking caps on and bring home the bacon (machine wise)....I already have the scoop and shovel and the other stuff so its only the machine I'm after.

Ive heard good things about the v3i, but I could be wrong lol.. And if you choose to go that route all you have to do is drive to framingham and grab one at whites instead of waiting for the ups guy to get off lunch lol

You need a multi-frequency machine for the surf. So Safari, E-trac, CTX would be my recommendations. I'm in NJ and hunt the surf with a CTX - it's awesome. Night and day over the AT Pro. One great benefit to the CTX over the E-trac and Safari is that, like the AT Pro, it's completely submersible so you don't have to worry about getting hit by a wave and ruining the machine. I even take mine in the bay sometimes.

Call/pm/email if I can help you out.

V3i is what id get any and is what i plan to get.i also have the at and wouldnt want a machine with a slower response time.thats why the V3i gets my vote

If it was me personally, I would get a Sovereign and keep the AT Pro. If I still felt I needed more I would use the finds from the Sovereign to fund it.

At this point I would only consider getting a saltwater machine like the excal II or if I wanted just one big upgrade. I would look at the ctx3030

It won't be easy gathering all the facts.

Attachments

• 1 choose_wisely - but....jpg
    1 choose_wisely - but....jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 482
At this point I would only consider getting a saltwater machine like the excal II or if I wanted just one big upgrade. I would look at the ctx3030

Agreed, the Minelab CTX 3030 is the only machine out now that can go from salt water beaches to land hunting and do both really really well do to the multifrequencies.

Holler if you have questions, be glad to help.

You need a multi-frequency machine for the surf. So Safari, E-trac, CTX would be my recommendations. I'm in NJ and hunt the surf with a CTX - it's awesome. Night and day over the AT Pro. One great benefit to the CTX over the E-trac and Safari is that, like the AT Pro, it's completely submersible so you don't have to worry about getting hit by a wave and ruining the machine. I even take mine in the bay sometimes.

Give Marcus a call... best service on the forum hands down....

If I remember correctly you have health problems. Wouldn't recommend an ATX.

I am disabled and the at pro is good with the gizmo on it..but doesn't the ctx come with a holster for over the shoulder help in that area?...I know I cant swing the 8.5x11 for long without the gizmo.

what about the ctx against the atx?

Thank you Sir!

Feel free to give us a ring, I can explain it all. Be glad to help!

I'll do that.

BTW..,my son should be in your neck of the woods in the next few weeks..he finished college and is now a second lt in the airforce and going to Vance airforce base to begin pilot training....maybe I should get him a MD to keep him on the ground when hes got free time :laughing:

Ive heard good things about the v3i, but I could be wrong lol.. And if you choose to go that route all you have to do is drive to framingham and grab one at whites instead of waiting for the ups guy to get off lunch lol

I buy some things from white in Framingham but I think they moved now...I did try out the v3i and it was just too heavy for me...the lad that owns the place was a member of my md club (I have left it now) but would bring round the pamphlets for the v31..it looks good, has the color screen but I didn't like the balance and weight.

I know the at pro with the big coil is good with the gizmo on..so a better balanced machine I could probably work with

I'll do that.

BTW..,my son should be in your neck of the woods in the next few weeks..he finished college and is now a second lt in the airforce and going to Vance airforce base to begin pilot training....maybe I should get him a MD to keep him on the ground when hes got free time :laughing:

Grew up in Enid! Know Vance well!

Keep a pilot on the ground? Well.... Good luck! Lol

Back
Top Bottom