Purchasing on Amazon

Right Brain

Elite Member
Is it safe/reliable to purchase detector equipement on Amazon? What are your experiences? It seems they have some good deals, my main concern is how honest they are about things like items in stock, shipping times/rates, etc.

Is it safe/reliable to purchase detector equipement on Amazon? What are your experiences? It seems they have some good deals, my main concern is how honest they are about things like items in stock, shipping times/rates, etc.
i have never had a problem with Amazon and shipping is usually free.

We have one of their shipping centers here in Chattanooga. I personally know some who work there and they love it. Have great things to say about the company. They are honest.

I bought my first thru them (BH gold digger) was like $70 delivered to the door in 3 days. Was boxed up nice and had an insurance tag on it as well. The only thing I can say is that there is always a chance of your info getting taken from an online order. It happened to us twice in a year, Cabellas once and Wal Mart once. Should have heard that convo. with the bank lady the first time, she actually called us at home and said "one question, why in the he** are you spending a thousand bucks at Macy's?" :laughing: Gotta love small towns sometimes. We had 43 transactions try to clear by the end of the day, none of them ours and from everywhere too. Calif. to China :roll:

Can't say I've ever purchased detecting equipment through Amazon, but have bought nearly everything else under the sun through them. My wife got an Amazon Prime account a few years ago and I find it really handy. Any time I need an auto part I can typically get it through Amazon for half the cost of the auto parts store offerings and it's usually on my doorstep within 24-72 hours (if it's Prime eligible). However, I've yet to see any detector or detector related gear on there that's as well priced as some of the deals you can get through our forum sponsors. That's the main reason I've not purchased any detecting gear through Amazon.

I have purchased MD items along with many other items over the years. They have been top notch. Never had an issue but as far as price, I believe you may get better prices elsewhere. HS!(Happy Shopping)

So I purchased my Minelab 705 on Amazon(pre-fmdf), had it next day on my doorstep. We have been member of Amazon Prime for 5 years only had one period of a couple months deliveries were more than 2 days, usually like clockwork. Full sized refrigerator, wood splitter, 56" 3D flat screen, 800 feet of 1/2" nylon rope, big stuff free in two days. If you want to upgrade to next day it is usually 5 or 10 bucks. We order stuff every 2-3 days from there. Many times if something is defective they simply ship another, refunds are very easy. The only problem I have ever had with any kind identity hacking was Target back during the holidays.

Amazon is great. But when it comes to buying detecting equipment any of the sponsers on here would have what ever you need and very timely shipping

I guess if you don't mind paying full fare just to get it in 2 days. Personally, I'd rather buy from a sponsor to save some big $$$ and get it a few days later.

I guess if you don't mind paying full fare just to get it in 2 days. Personally, I'd rather buy from a sponsor to save some big $$$ and get it a few days later.

Amazons free shipping takes 4 days roughly it's about $15-$100 for next day depending on how expensive what your buying is. My computer for example had $100 extra to ship parts next day.

I think what's even more important when shopping with Amazon is their return policy. To be quite frank, it's awesome. Fast returns, fast refunds; you can't ask for better customer service if you need to send something back or encounter a problem with an order.

And to be clear about the free shipping, if you're an Amazon Prime member ($79 a year) you get 2-day free shipping on anything Amazon or its affiliates sell. You also get free streaming services (movies, shows, etc.) and access to Amazon's lender's library (essentially borrow a book for free once a month).

Support a sponsor.

Amazon isn't going to answer the phone when you are having an issue or need help with your settings.

Amazon doesn't know which accessories will best suit your new detector/hunting style.

Amazon is great for day to day necessities, but a relationship in this hobby is priceless.

Call a few vendors, you will be surprised:)

I bought my Compadre from Jeff @ Quality Metal Detectors. Saved money compared to Amazon, plus got a coil over included. Did have to wait a couple more days, but for the coil cover alone (Amazon did not have one), plus supporting a sponsor, was worth it!

Aside from that, buy a lot from Amazon Prime and it is great.

I purchased on Amazon for years and am yet to see any free shipping on any items.

Weird, I see free shipping all the time.

But there is a distinct advantage to the vendors on this site, If it is an item like a digger or a pointer or a bag or.... and you know exactly what you want, how to use it and no options Amazon is fine. In fact I am getting ready to order my wife 100 mini rainbow Mentos, best place to get them.

Attachments

• free.jpg
    free.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 419
Back
Top Bottom