BIGGEST BEST GOLD!!! Great day! "long winded"

HullGuitars

Forum Supporter
Well digger27 is rite again.... IN SOOO MANY WAYS!
To give a bit of background for those of you that don't fallow my threads....

I have always been a coin hunter. SILVER. Few years ago I really got on a silver kick. Got into the etrac and ctx machines by minelab and put a spanking on silver. Then one day on accident I was hunting an old dried up swimming hole, and found two GOLD rings, and 4 silver rings in 2 hours of detecting. Well that's when the gold bug bit me. That was well over a year ago.
Since then I have began ignoring silver and digging mid/low tones in search of gold. I have began water hunting regularly in my local lakes and rivers. I have spent dozens of hours studying how, where, and what methods are used to find gold in the dirt. I averaged 5 days hunting a week this past year, digging in the most likely places for gold. Dug over 9,000 targets in just June, July, and August. I keep track of every minute of every hunt, and count each target dug. I catalog all of this info I a journal and compare notes regularly to asses my situation and make changes.
Well, the year came and went with only ONE gold. I was disgusted. I had fallowed the "gurus" rules and watched him pull 12 gold last year.... while hunting and digging only 1/4 as much as myself.
THEN I FIGURED OUT THE PROBLEM!!!!!
I wasn't having fun anymore. I was too worried about numbers, stats, and probabilities. So January 1, 2014 I made my new years resolution.- "HAVE FUN"
To me that meant putting down the "Fancy gear", don't set crazy goals, and just have fun nomater what. So I set the ctx3030 aside and picked up a t2 at a great deal, and just started hunting for fun. I have had the best time and found some great things in 2014 already! But today topped it all!

I cant describe it, but I just felt great about detecting today.When I saw that plastic moose ring laying on the ground today I said "I'll use this to prop up the gold Im gunna find today".... well it came true! About 15 mins before I dug the ring I was thinking, "just gotta get my coil over gold, because I dig it all and one day that pulltab signal will be gold"
I have been detecting this spot for over a year. Literally pounding every square inch dozens of times. Its my favorite spot. Usually produces wheats, silver, and civil war relics. But I have almost "cleaned it out" I know that's not really possible.... but lets just say that when I run my ctx wide open.... Hardly a peep.
But the t2 has changed that for me. Everywhere is like virgin ground and today was no different! I hunted with my beautiful wife for 3 hours. near the end of the hunt I suggested we move toward the picnic pavilion. So we walked that direction and I began swinging. Dug several pull tabs and then it happened. I got another pull tab signal. So I go to my knees and stick my lesche in the dirt about 1.5 inches. I flip over the small plug and I see "IT"! I instantly looked up and told the wife "I FOUND GOLD"!! "HUGE GOLD!!!" 9.8 grams to be exact.

I found over 35 fake rings last year. 13 of them were plated or gold filled..... So I know what that looks like. I knew what I was seeing was a solid 10k gold ring! I ran with excitement to get my phone so I could take pics before pulling it from the hole!! After she looks at it a moment,..... she goes back to her already open hole and finished her recovery. It was 5 feet from my gold ring hole, and she yells... "I GOT A RING TOO!!!". I rush over and its a beautiful sterling and opal ring. I knew it was time to call it quits, but she didn't want to go. After a few more holes she agreed to end it on a good note. Also dug a 53 wheatie, and a play dime that sais "THE DIME. PLAY COIN"... Just knew I had a seated half dime. Found a Total of 71 trash targets today and 24 keepers. Slow day. I usually dig 60-85 targets and hour in dirt. We played 4 hours of tennis after that and then ate some KILLER Chinese food at "the rice box". Seriously the best fried rice I have ate.

Thank you so much to digger27.... who I have whined and cried to for well over a year. He has taught me so much about jewelry hunting, and is by far the guru in my book. I love my T2, and I love to DIG IT ALL. THe wife loves her f70, and she also loves digging anything that beeps! DIgger27 told me this would be my year to find the real gold.... and I think this is a good start. Im just here to have fun and enjoy spending time outside with my insanely attractive detecting partner!

SIDE NOTE-To my surprise I was excited for maybe 5 minutes then the fun of the trip overtook the "gold". And I couldn't be happier about that. Im finally enjoying this hobby nomatter what I find.
I look forward to taking my "ultimate waterproof compadre" to the dirt very soon. Its the best dig all machine there is, and will sniff out some gold! THANKS AGAIN DIGGER!

Attachments

• today1.jpg
    today1.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 685
  • today2.jpg
    today2.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 648
  • today3.jpg
    today3.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 632
  • today4.jpg
    today4.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 647
  • today5.jpg
    today5.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 648
  • today6.jpg
    today6.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 642
  • today7.jpg
    today7.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 629
  • today8.jpg
    today8.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 638
  • today9.jpg
    today9.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 644
  • today10.jpg
    today10.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 627
Humongous congratZ!

Not only gold, a beauty!
Broken too... that can seriously mess with and skew the signal when they are like that so kudos, finding gold rings in the dirt is rare and hard, finding broken and open rings can be a bit trickier sometimes.
Glad I could help...didn't tell you anything that isn't common knowledge through all those long PM's back and forth, just organized it in a way that was easy to understand.
Couldn't happen to a nicer and more generous guy and thrilled for you, but even more it is great that you are enjoying yourself again.
That is the real goal...all that we find is secondary.

Good looking ring, the wife IS beautiful, the dog ain't bad looking either, and the ring your wife found is a beauty too and she couldn't have found it with a more amazing detector.

Gonna be a great year for all of us...I can tell.

Congrats! Ima go try to find me some dirt gold in a bit but not doing so well with that part of it with the F2. My son's kickin my butt in the ring dept. with my old BH gold digger. :roll: :lol: As far as the wife......well you sure married out of your league didn't you? :laughing: GL HH

:lookclose::jawdrop: Congrats! Good job for the both of you. Great rings. Waiting on my first gold.
I bet you two have a lot of spectators :laughing:

First hats off to a great post and pics thats great! Second I had always had it my mind to have fun while im out hunting for the most part that doesnt always happen.I cant believe you kept track of all that info thats alot of info haha...I can remember the day I got my first GOLD man i was stoked as you and I kept wanting to find another and another it does happen in fact I had a fortune cookie the day before i went out and it said you will find gold sure enough very next day it came true my 1958 class ring so yes believe it does happen congrats again on a really nice find!! hope theres many more your way!

awesome story. awesome rings. ive had a couple trips that ended with the gold and then goin out to eat after diggin and working so hard all day. it always is a great time. more gold to come in the future for you im sure.

I went and dug pulltabs for 12 hours in 2 days last week and got about a thousand :)

Wonderful story! I hope the ring the wifey found fits her! Say...does she have a sister that likes to detect as much as her lol!? ;-)

Back
Top Bottom