Plugger or Lesche Standard Digging Tool

leeh

I have watched metal detecting videos where they use a "plugger" ( a cylinder which you drive into the ground and remove a plug of dirt). This seems like a great tool to a newbie like me. Which is better, the plugger or a tool such as the Lesche?

Depends on your soil. If you live in Iowa where there's 18 inches of soft top soil then you might consider the plugger. If you live in Oklahoma where God deposited the unused concrete that he used to pour the foundations of the earth, then you'll want the Lesche.

OD hit it right on the head. The plugger would work good for nicely manicured lawns with no rocks but in the woods or fields I would use a Lesche or similar digging tool.

Since the plugger is sort of specialized, you will need something else also, so a Lesche or something similiar will be needed.
A Lesche can dig a hole like a plugger, but a plugger can't dig a hole like a Lesche. JMO :lol:

I see you live in Hickory and if the ground is like it is here in Salisbury Lesche would be the best.
We have alot of clay and hard ground here, I don't have a plugger but the Lesche cuts through the hard ground pretty good. Tom

Well i tried a plugger when i first started mding took it out twice and that was that. Just seems like the ground has to be perfect condition to use it in which if you are digging in those conditions would work well. Since then ive used a garden spade, a sabretooth, and a lesche would have to say the sabretooth and lesche are by far my favorite since the lesche is great for digging and cutting and the sabretooth has little more curve to it which helps scooping. Just my 2c though.

I would get the Lesche. I used the plugger in the past, but did not care for it. The Lesche would be your best bet.

add me to the Lesche group ... far fewer blisters on the palms of my hands using it than with other diggers :!:

Jim

I tried the Lesche to see if I like it better then what I was using but I liked the Dig-it Knife lots better, maybe because it was what I am use to. Who knows maybe things would of been differnt if I was use to the Lesche because I understand it is a great digger.
Never used the Plugger but I can see where it could be handy in moist ground and not worth a darn in hard dry soil.
If you haven?t tried the Dig-it-knife is worth checking out, Tony has them.
http://www.tcmetaldetectors.com/diggers.htm

DirtDigger

Attachments

• 3in1digger.jpg
    3in1digger.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 615
I like that one Dirtdigger, i'll have to consider it too.

Over here in England the choice of " digging tools " is pretty c**p!!

And with with most of them costing a lot more than the "Lesche" and " dig it" etc !!!

Lesche USA about $40 ( about £20 ) But if they sold them over here ( which I think

they dont :( ) They would probably be double the USA price. Have not seen anything

as good as " lesche and dig it". So I make/modify my own tools.Most of the guys over

here search on "ploughed" fields, so a small spade is ideal. But when it comes to

meadows/pasture ( as I do ) something like a lesche would be ideal. Would post a link

to show you what tools are on offer, but that would have to go " on the jokes page "

They really are that bad..... :yes:

Am in the process of trying to upgrade my current machine, a C-Scope 660 to something with a bit more depth. Would like a Laser (uk-Tesoro) B1, but even for an older machine like this people are wanting stupid money £150 ( $300). :(

Yep. Even trying to get a good used American machine is costly.The one her is $400!!!!

Back
Top Bottom