• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Large Cent and a thin dime...

Captain Silver

Elite Member
Craig heard a tale of a small pocket park that once had a 1700's one room schoolhouse there, so we went looking for it this morning...it turns out that the original school was down the street and not located at the park, but a plaque on a post at the corner of the lot had a photo on it of a 4 room school with a attic, belltower and even outdoor privies:shock: that was there from 1894 until it was torn down in 1939...sweet! Getting my bearings from the picture I worked what was the front yard of the school, where I found vintage coins, some with nails in the hole...a few copper/brass scraps from the building, a out of place cable tv connector:lol:and $1.05 in clad dimes/state quarters before it began to rain and we left...I was running a Explorer II with the standard 10.5"
coil for this outing besides 5 pre WW II wheats I also dug a Canadian Large Cent... and a thin Barber Dime... silver #146... I'll get back to this little park sometime as there's definitely some potential here...there shouldn't be any silver Rosies in the way:laughing: Thanks for the looks and see you after the next outing...Happy Hunting!

Wow! You’re parks are amazing. Nice finds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of my first and favorite albums! I was just starting to play drums at that time and 37 years later,I still enjoy listening to it. One of the best rock albums ever made...and that's a FACT!

Nice! Sounds like you've found the ideal location! Congrats on the hunt. :thumbsup:

One of my first and favorite albums! I was just starting to play drums at that time and 37 years later,I still enjoy listening to it. One of the best rock albums ever made...and that's a FACT!

I just can't get into post-Ozzy Black Sabbath.
Great finds though!!

Back
Top Bottom