up to # 63 fty

bobac

Elite Member
Finally startin to free up some time for hunting......
I shot out to a park I had cleaned out the past two summers with stock coil, so I thought I'd give it shot with the big coil....Right off the bat I sniffed out a deep penny I had missed before.....just a wheat, but I was optimistic thinking for sure I'd eke out another deep old silver but alas ,it was not to be....
So , despite by now having been awake for 26 hours, I decided to have a crack at my other go-to spot.
Still swinging the 17, I hit a couple semi-deep targets that were pennies. I had a couple signals that just didn't seem to be reading all that clearly, and I wasn't getting any 10 inch signals like I had expected, so I swapped out coils and went back to stock.
I finally latched onto a juicy signal at 9 inches....9-44, 12-44......but very scratchy, and it was just a quick chirp for the most part......
I'm still a bit baffled by my CTX, it used to scream at 10+ inch dimes....Today two of them sounded just alike ....I almost passed them by.....I recorded the screenshots and the recovery of the first coin .....still impressed to go down 8-9 and get it , but I definitely used to get em easier before.......Its been my theory that the battery pack is starting to lose its punch....I was thinking that the alkaline pack was hitting deeper, but I can't keep feeding it 10 dollar bills every time I hunt .......
anyway, here is the recording of the first dime which I thought was a bit of an iffy signal....if anyone has any ideas holler at me .....maybe I need to change up my settings ......

https://youtu.be/73IYOIZzJkw

ok, well, happy hunting everyone.....

Attachments

• 20171030_185416.jpg
    20171030_185416.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 254
  • 20171031_034550.jpg
    20171031_034550.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 261
  • 20171031_034632.jpg
    20171031_034632.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 251
  • 20171031_034734.jpg
    20171031_034734.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 247
  • 20171031_034855.jpg
    20171031_034855.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 247
  • 20171031_034936.jpg
    20171031_034936.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 245
Noooo lol!! You past me lol!! To me that signal was a easy diggin signal to my ears. Congrats on your silvers now I gotta pass you lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob...Try switching your Tones option to "Combined" on the next one of those to clean it up. It's easier for the machine to send ONE tone than to try and decide which of many it should actually send with a deep target like that. The first clue to ME would be that it REPEATED,with very similar numbers...good start! Now,it also pinpointed like a coin...getting hotter! You did the right thing by investigating,and like CW,I would investigate those all day,every day. "Combined" for me allows for the initial hit to be heard EASIER,that's why I use it almost 100% of the time now. I'll run a slightly modified Trashy Park pattern(slightly bigger depending where I am) and use High Trash Separation,listening for only ONE TONE...that 1200khz hit of a high conductor. That's just me,plenty of folks run Ferrous Coin and do great. But they will also dig more deep bent nails,deep clad and wheats. But they don't miss much either...
As far as power...it's internally regulated,either it works or not. Hooking a car battery to it will not help...for SURE!:grin:
EXCELLENT HUNTING!!

thanks

Bob...Try switching your Tones option to "Combined" on the next one of those to clean it up. It's easier for the machine to send ONE tone than to try and decide which of many it should actually send with a deep target like that. The first clue to ME would be that it REPEATED,with very similar numbers...good start! Now,it also pinpointed like a coin...getting hotter! You did the right thing by investigating,and like CW,I would investigate those all day,every day. "Combined" for me allows for the initial hit to be heard EASIER,that's why I use it almost 100% of the time now. I'll run a slightly modified Trashy Park pattern(slightly bigger depending where I am) and use High Trash Separation,listening for only ONE TONE...

Thanks for the thoughts.
Don't think I've ever tried combined before.....I actually rarely mess with the programs anymore. Its been so good to me. But last year I lost my display and had to send it in, and when it came back they had the memory wiped clean which ticked me off.....ever since I have not hit a coin past 9 or 10 inches.......
I have wondered if I got too fancy for the machine when I split the screen into multiple tones......I'm gonna drag it up to my computer room and make some changes first thing in the morning. Hope I remember how.....seems like I always have a dog of a time transferring new programs via usb......
If you have that process written down somewhere send me that too please.....
unplug usb cable then turn off ctx??? or do you have to safely remove usb device??? I'll figure it out tomorrow......
thanks again

I've only had it hooked up to my computer once,and that was a couple years back,so I don't recall either...sorry about that. Don't forget to be SURE that your Volume Gain is at 30. That's the max. That in itself could be your issue,if they wiped your prior settings. If I hunt in Manual Sensitivity and if the site has a lot of small iron,I'll back the Volume Gain down to as low as 20,but that's in an extreme situation. In Auto Sensitivity(usually Ill hunt in Auto+3) then the Volume Gain must be at 30. I'll run the 17" coil 90% of the time and can't get the stability out of Manual Sensitivity that's needed to hear those telltale deep hits.

Nice finds bobac, especially the barber! As a professional cheapskate, I buy the 4 pack alkalines at the dollar store for a buck. Ive been using them for years in my 705, and I usually run it full sens. They seem to last awhile too. Im guessing they run me about $7 to $10 a year.

Dang, thats some nice hunting !!!!! You guys just plum left me in the dust in Oct. If I don't get a little indian summer here later in November when things slow down, I might be stuck on 55 for the the year.

Back
Top Bottom