• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Head Stamp Guys. Remmington UMC New Club No 12

BufordCityDawg

Elite Member
I found this in an old elementary school near my house. As far as I can tell, it dates back to 1911-1914 time frame. I don't know how much these things go for and a quick hunt on eBay didn't show any examples of this type. Thanks in advance.

BCD

[Star around primer] - REMINGTON UMC No 12 NEW CLUB

Head and primer appear to be the same metal with no primer cup (non magnetic). Brass height - low with no design around the outside.

This headstamp design is listed only in the 1911-1914 catalogs. I would list the date range as A, except I only have catalogs to verify this range. This style is also much more scarce than the Rem-UMC style headstamp. The star's orientation on this headstamp is not shown in the catalogs, but is the most common that is seen.

03c94f04-898a-4d06-9553-524943a60fb9_zpsmoj8ullc.jpg

1911-1937 depending on the headstamp style. I would need to see a pic to attempt to narrow it down.

Doug

As to what these things go for, not very much. There are very few collectors of headstamps. Whole cartridges/shells have an active collecting market, fired cartridges or headstamps not so much.

As to what these things go for, not very much. There are very few collectors of headstamps. Whole cartridges/shells have an active collecting market, fired cartridges or headstamps not so much.

Thanks for the reply. You never know what people might find valuable. I'll add it to the cool find pile and move on.

BCD

I got your PM and see the pic. This particular style will date from 1911-1914 (date comes from original catalogs). worm12ga is correct. The shotshell head has virtually no monetary value. It's main value is what it can tell you about the area that you are hunting.

It is a great find!
Doug

I find nitro club in my parents yard all the time, rumors have it some who lived in our house in the 1800's was killed by a hunter sitting in a chair in the house by a stray bullet.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

As T-foot said, they have no monetary value, but I always like finding them.

Back
Top Bottom