1927 Peace Dollar - counterfeit

Wow thanks for sharing ...it looked ligit from here but then again ive never found a peace dollar so I have nothing to compare it too lol glad your buddy got out of it without spending any cash...people these days...

Wow thanks for sharing ...it looked ligit from here but then again ive never found a peace dollar so I have nothing to compare it too lol glad your buddy got out of it without spending any cash...people these days...

Go to a coin shop, and if you can afford it, get a specimen of as many coins as you are likely to come across. That way you can familiarize yourself with them, and also see how your detector behaves when it detects them. If you can't afford specimens, at least study the coins and discuss fakes with the dealer. In addition to learning coins, you can make a contact to sell found coins to.

Left one is fake...old trick. Silver shows bright through the tissue.
I am completely ignorant of this method, do you use gift wrapping tissue or facial tissue ? Thanks to those of you who mentioned this method in this thread I learned something new today.

Gotta luv human ingenuity, there's one born every minute. (PT Barnam)) That's what they are counting on. LOL

Back
Top Bottom