¿Best Metal detector under $200?

Cross off the MP options right now! Lol they are terrible! I got a MPX from KC on their BOGO deal for like $70 it was extremely low build quality and poor functionality garbage.
!

By far one of the worst Chinese metal detector ever made - I can now understand why KC sell these -

If Ihad to do it all over again, I would get the ETP as the coils for this particular unit are compatible with many machines if you go to upgrade later you can untilise the coils you may have collected alomg the way -

Eurotek Pro Coils will fit

Teknetics
Alpha Delta
Gamma
Omega
G2

Fisher
F5
F70
Gold Bug

Just that fact alone swings in for me that if I were starting out again, the the Eurotek Pro gets my vote

Another compadre vote. Have both the f2 and the compadre.... Am mostly a gold jewelry hunter.... The old compadre is razor sharp and sure doesn't leave much
Behind.... Both are fun and nice.... Personally... I just like the compadre better. Less falsing etc. Won't go wrong with either. Or.... Buy a used silver umax. Can change coils....

My order of preference....
Silver umax
Compadre
F2

Just my 2 cents worth Lol.

Ron

If Ihad to do it all over again, I would get the ETP as the coils for this particular unit are compatible with many machines if you go to upgrade later you can untilise the coils you may have collected alomg the way -

Eurotek Pro Coils will fit

Teknetics
Alpha Delta
Gamma
Omega
G2

Fisher
F5
F70
Gold Bug

Just that fact alone swings in for me that if I were starting out again, the the Eurotek Pro gets my vote
The EuroTek Pro takes the Teknetic "greek" coils which are not the same as the Fisher coils. Some of the Fisher coils might plug into the EuroTek Pro but the meter will not be as accurate and you more than likely won't get the depth and performance that you will with the correct coils.

The EuroTek Pro takes the Teknetic "greek" coils which are not the same as the Fisher coils. Some of the Fisher coils might plug into the EuroTek Pro but the meter will not be as accurate and you more than likely won't get the depth and performance that you will with the correct coils.

It will work with f5, f19, and gold bug pro coils. all the same, different sticker. plus all the NEL and Detech coils options.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

I just made I thread about this the other day. Is this really true?

After REALLY close examination of the the coil on the F2 and Eurotek, I can find no difference on the outside. Same is true with the DD coils for F5 and F2- other than the "F5" logo? At some point it has to be sprayed on the coil, and if there are no serial or batch numbers or markings to differentiate the two there's no way to make absolutely sure the F5 DDs aren't mixed up at any point EVER with the F2 DDs BEFORE the F5 DDs are logoed?

This is a common practice in manufacturing of any sort, where you have 2 parts for 2 different products that look this similar- yet there are no markings on the coil other than the F5 logo as I said before.

The accessory coils that you order online look absolutely the same?!?!? So how is that they keep track of which is which, for which for which MD if they are so different eternally while they ALL look exactly the same (per coil) before they leave the factory? Or befored they get the logo?

Can they do this and still be ISO 9001 certified?.... Which I'd be willing to bet they are?

My theory is that they are all the same, but if you want an 8 inch concentric for your F5 or Omega they want you to pay 2x what it cost for the same exact coil for an F2 or Eurtek.

Just for the record of my personal own testing- both the 8 and 4 inch coils that came with my wife's F2 work wonderfully on my F5. The 4 inch in particular is a BEAST on the F5 in trashy areas- still ID's fine, pin points well and gets good depth for a 4 incher.
The DD from my F5 is also a beast on the F2, and does everything I mention above fine on the F2.

I see no reason other than money. If there were any differences they'd mark them somehow- batch codes, lot numbers, some small difference somewhere- ANYWHERE, to make double damn sure they did not mix them up and let the wrong coil leave the plant boxed with an MD it was not compatible with or designed for.

I've been in manufacturing for a long time now, not in this industry, but in a few others and I can tell you this, if there are differences in these coils with no way to tell them apart, they would not be ISO certified.

It will work with f5, f19, and gold bug pro coils. all the same, different sticker. plus all the NEL and Detech coils options.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Ok I'm not crazy- yeah someone else besides me is awake here! Thanks man!:grin:

Back
Top Bottom