AT Pro....yes or no?

TexasHunter7881

So I have a Bounty Hunter Tracker IV and I desperately need to upgrade to a better detector. I did lots and lots of research and found that the AT Pro looks pretty promising. I sold some stuff, got enough money, and now I just need to be 100% convinced that this is the right detector. I probably won't be doing a whole lot of water hunting, but ill be doing most hunting in yards, fields, etc. The reason I want the Pro is because of its ability to ignore the trash and pick out the good targets. I don't want to spend much more than $700 so that's why I think this is a really good option. Can someone give me some pros and cons just so I know for sure? Thanks!

For the money I don't think you can go wrong with the Pro. I have several friends who use one and haven't heard anything negative yet.:goodluck:

Xcellent machine for the $$$,...but for coin hunting i think i would look at getting the 5x8 coil instead of the 8.5x11 dd,....the smaller coil is great, balances out the machine very nice.gl/hh.

Dont think about the At Pro think about the xterra 705 you should be able to get it for under 600 and it is a far superior machine. If your not doing water hunting this is the machine for you to take a look at

The AT Pro with a 5x8 DD coil is really hard to beat in the price range. Many come close when it comes to coins, but I've not found a better sensitive to gold detector than the AT Pro even at twice the price.

I wish I had the pros and cons for you, but I don't.

I can tell you that I love my AT-Pro. It is fun to use, with enough of the bells and whistles to give you choices as to how to approach different areas and it doesn't feel like a kid’s toy.

Not bad for the money at all.

Good luck!

I'd agree with an earlier post, its great and yes id opt for the smaller coil unless your doing a few fields and lower trash areas (unless those trash areas are iron trash cos the large coil with iron you just raise the iron disc to block it and then the big coil flies along.

Some don't like the length from the handle to the cuff as its shorter then most but I just got a 'gizmo' from ebay for $30 that takes care of that and balances out the large coil perfectly.

It really is a ground hound when on pro zero but if your learning make sure your not in a high trash area when you use the large coil/pro zero or its going to do your head in.

I have found .22 spent lead at 14" but its perfect range is 8" for the large coil and 6" for the smaller coil.

Just learn the sounds cos sometimes you'll hear faint sounds that don't show on the vdi and they can be the much deeper finds.

The sign of a good detector is the ones they compare it to and for the at pro they are always comparing it to the etrac...and the etrac is three times the price...that's a very good sign that for your dollars it is in my mind unmatched.

I have found .22 spent lead at 14" but its perfect range is 8" for the large coil and 6" for the smaller coil.

Holy smokes! I love my AT Pro but 14" for a .22 bullet. :wow: Not saying I don't believe ya, would like to hear that signal as I bet its super faint.

G2M

Yes the AT PRO is a very good mid level machine.My friend has it and she loves it.

Where is the Gizmo on eBay ?

I'd agree with an earlier post, its great and yes id opt for the smaller coil unless your doing a few fields and lower trash areas (unless those trash areas are iron trash cos the large coil with iron you just raise the iron disc to block it and then the big coil flies along.

Some don't like the length from the handle to the cuff as its shorter then most but I just got a 'gizmo' from ebay for $30 that takes care of that and balances out the large coil perfectly.

It really is a ground hound when on pro zero but if your learning make sure your not in a high trash area when you use the large coil/pro zero or its going to do your head in.

Just learn the sounds cos sometimes you'll hear faint sounds that don't show on the vdi and they can be the much deeper finds.

The sign of a good detector is the ones they compare it to and for the at pro they are always comparing it to the etrac...and the etrac is three times the price...that's a very good sign that for your dollars it is in my mind unmatched.

Hi DC,
My ATPRO arrived today and I want the Gizmo. A search of Garrett Gizmo on ebay comes up blank. Can you pm me the link? Thanks.

Give Bart a call.He'll hook you up with what your looking for.

Bart Davis forum sponsor
Call email text, mention Friendly Forum for best deal!
Bigboyshobbies.net 405-206-9010 [email protected]
Authorized Minelab Metal Detectors Fisher Teknetics Garrett XP Deus
Minelab partner of the year for 2012. Minelab customer service award 2012

Holy smokes! I love my AT Pro but 14" for a .22 bullet. :wow: Not saying I don't believe ya, would like to hear that signal as I bet its super faint.

G2M

It was faint but I was in the woods hunting with seanprodanas and had my shovel and hear the noise which as the place was barren I was digging anything, even nails and this turned out to be a .22 lead head.

I was hoping for more but who doesn't?.

That is my record, ive found a brass water tap at 14" in wet sand and a 14" iron bar at the same depth, normally I wont dig anything that says 10" on my scale...im usually a 6" or under unless im not finding anything...and have got a 10" find before that didn't show a depth at all but only sound

Hi DC,
My ATPRO arrived today and I want the Gizmo. A search of Garrett Gizmo on ebay comes up blank. Can you pm me the link? Thanks.

I pm'ed you, I checked the page on my records from ebay and they are all sold now..it showed that he had 20 of them, I know buzzwilson has made himself an extender so might make one, ive also emailed the maker of the gizmo to see if hes making more.

This place could seriously make him some money if he's willing to make more, I know the short handle to cuff is probably the biggest problem and the weight of the large coil and this fixes both of them.

The site for the original gizmo was:-

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181061197955?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

id recommend the maker to come on and join the forum, this could make him some serious moola if more and more like it

I just got a message back from the maker that hes going to make more in about a week and kept the original bolt because he couldn't find the curved bolt and then when he did it was too expensive so to keep the costs down he put the normal bolt and locking nut but that the bolt doesn't catch the forearm

Back
Top Bottom