What do you think of these prices

Arisaka

Elite Member
Looking through the paper and see this what do you guys think?

Attachments

• IMG_0041.jpg
    IMG_0041.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 701
I think only the hard up or uneducated would sell to them. Those prices are silly low.

G2M

The dealers are going to have to turn a profit.

If a coin is worth $50, they cannot give you $50 for it, sell it for $50, and keep the lights on.

While that is low, it's not terrible. Most coin dealers are only paying 20-22 times face for coins.

The worst I seen was a fly by night coin buyer that set up in our town. They paid EIGHT TIMES face, and silver was tickling $40 an ounce at the time.

I went to a bunch of yard sales during the summer and asked people if they had any old coins, many replies were "oh I took them to that coin buyer on the square".

The dealers are going to have to turn a profit.

If a coin is worth $50, they cannot give you $50 for it, sell it for $50, and keep the lights on.

While that is low, it's not terrible. Most coin dealers are only paying 20-22 times face for coins.

The worst I seen was a fly by night coin buyer that set up in our town. They paid EIGHT TIMES face, and silver was tickling $40 an ounce at the time.

I went to a bunch of yard sales during the summer and asked people if they had any old coins, many replies were "oh I took them to that coin buyer on the square".

:lol::lol::lol::lol: You sound like the guy from "Pawn Stars". :lol::lol::lol:Wait! "Let me call a buddy of mine. he is an expert at screwin people." :lol::lol::lol:

Sounds like they win if they are scrap and win double if they are key!

There has been a lot of talk in the press around here about a group out of Springfield, Illinois that sets up in hotels and puts such ads in the paper. The news channels are warning people that the prices being offered are below fair market.

I like the idea of setting up next door at a neighbor business with a sign that says "I pay More!"

Then pay melt and hopes of getting lots of "keys".

Then again if I had enough money to play that game, I'd just do what they're doing in places they're not :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Back
Top Bottom