Joint Pain

My knee swelled up like a basketball. I'm sure it's not from reading all of those silver or gold finds around the basketball courts.

Well I usually take 600 to 800mg of ibuprofen every 5 or 6 hours when I can't take the constant pain. Or at least some before bed. The rest plus the anti-inflammatory drugs should help some by morning.

Best of luck. Pain sucks.

I suffer from arthritis in my knees. Here is what my orthopedist told me:

Use Advil, Tylenol or Aleve, your prefrence. I also take Osteo bi flex which is a natural supplement thst helps with the joints. It should be available at your local pharmacy where the vitamins and supplements are.

Ibuprofen. Glucosamine-Chondroitin won't help when it hurts, but a daily regimen will help prevent joint pain.

I've taken Glucosamine-Chondroitin religiously for years and now added Ibuprofen since my joints all over began hurting. I'm not saying Glucosamine-Chondroitin isn't doing something but in my case, very little. Just I'd maybe be in a wheel chair if I totally quit Glucosamine-Chondroitin if I quit since most people do say that it's a relief giver. I'll keep taking it just for sanity.

The Ibuprofen in these doses is something my stomach grumbles about alot, and I have to bet...my liver doesn't fair well with when taken in regiments. If anyone has any more suggestions besides these, I'd appreciate it. martin

Everythng that Docwatson said...plus a turmeric supplement.
I've had three knee surgeries and have osteoartritis, and it helps.

I have been diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis and have joint pain on a daily basis. It has been a hard thing for me because I have had to change my detecting (lighter machines, shorter hunts). I take Meloxicam (NSAID) daily and also a low dose of amitriptyline to help me sleep and help with chronic pain. Living with joint pain can be hard but I have found that detecting actually helps if I don't overdo it. Moving around is better than sitting around for sure.

Brainworm, This is coming from the other side of the globe, but I can assure you I am dinkum.
I am a 74 year old who has spent most of his life doing physical work, including walking around the bush today. I have Arthritis in my Knees, Elbows and Thumbs Etc, Etc, like most people. A few years ago a doctor prescribed Panadol OSTEO for me. After a couple of weeks I decided they weren't making any difference and stopped them. About a year later, a new doctor in town suggested the same thing. I said, I have been there and no good. This pretty little lady doctor said, they take time, please give them 6 weeks to kick in. She was right and now after 4 or 5 years I am a happy chappy. I am not sure what they are called in USA, but it shouldn't be hard to find out.
Good Luck....Simo

I should have added, I take 2 tablets 3 time a day. It has become a habit which I will continue until I see the underside of the daisies.

Brainworm, This is coming from the other side of the globe, but I can assure you I am dinkum.
. I am not sure what they are called in USA, but it shouldn't be hard to find out.
Good Luck....Simo

Arthritis Strength Tylenol. I take it to supplement my prescription meds.

Glucosamine-Chondroitin is good but this stuff is great! It takes a week or two to kick in but the results are nothing short of amazing for me.

Others I have talked to have had similar results, some even better than I have had. It's expensive but worth it, look on amazon or ebay and you can find deals on the 60 count bottles.

Even when I get sore now the duration is shorter and recovery time is way less.

EDIT: I should add I did 22 years of 12 hour shifts on my feet on concrete and my feet are shot, full of arthritis. One knee is bad too.

w1.jpg

Walgreens had some Glucosamine HCI 1500mg so bought a couple of bottles 60 tablets per bottles says take 1 a day, I'll try those daily along with ibuprofen as needed.. I never thought that hitting 60 was getting old :laughing:

Walgreens had some Glucosamine HCI 1500mg so bought a couple of bottles 60 tablets per bottles says take 1 a day, I'll try those daily along with ibuprofen as needed.. I never thought that hitting 60 was getting old :laughing:

I take the same plus MSM but I cannot take the ibuprofen because it has a tendency to bother the stomach. Out of curiosity, do you take any type of Allergy med like Zyrtec? Spring allergy and MDing seem to go together so I started on that type of med and because it drys the body fluids (joint and sinus) up, It caused extreme joint pain on me and 24 hrs after I came off it most of my most of my joint pain went away.

I take the same plus MSM but I cannot take the ibuprofen because it has a tendency to bother the stomach. Out of curiosity, do you take any type of Allergy med like Zyrtec? Spring allergy and MDing seem to go together so I started on that type of med and because it drys the body fluids (joint and sinus) up, It caused extreme joint pain on me and 24 hrs after I came off it most of my most of my joint pain went away.

No I don't take another other meds.

It all began happening to me too about when I hit 60. I think I caught mine off of Pescadore ;-) martin

Back
Top Bottom