MD partner(s), northern Illinois.

MD-MK86

Greetings fellow detectorists,

New to the hobby, don't have any friends that detect so I'm looking for people who wouldn't mind partnering up. Duos, a small group, doesn't matter to me much better having someone to detect with rather than flying solo, in my opinion. I live about 45 minutes northwest of Chicago in the suburbs, McHenry county area to be precise, I don't have an issue with driving or meeting up at spots an hour drive or more any direction. Post if you're looking for a partner in this general locale as well, thanks and happy hunting! :cool:

@ Bodyman (Bob), there are actually 2 or 3 I can think of but I haven't had a break n the day to call them and see if it's allowed or whether a permit is required.

@ Northerner, hey that's actually my first taste of MD humor, kudos to you good sir! Lol

If either one you ever feel like hunting some time just let me know.

I hunt almost anywhere as long as there are no signs saying NO METAL DETECTING like there are in Lake Zurich But I do not bring any kind of shovel in any parks or playgrounds I use a drywall saw to lift the clad from under ground. I just make a slice . My two police encounters were Very pleasant , one even said he wished he had a detector.

That's a nice pile o coins ya got there, great picture. Like I said I'm new to the hobby and just received my detector yesterday. I'm finding it quite confusing and a bit intimidating regarding all the laws and restrictions and having trouble finding a spot near me for my first hunt. I was swinging in my yard for a bit today after work to test out the detector and got a couple bottle caps and a few nails lol. I've done quite a bit of research on the hobby and detectors themselves but hadn't come across your saw trick, pretty interesting.

If you wouldn't mind showing a greenhorn the ropes and a few pointers along the way I'd greatly appreciate it. A hunt in the near future perhaps? At your discretion and convenience of course. Let me know, thanks! :thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom