Equinox upgrade is it good?

graybeard

Elite Member
I have been reading that some people are saying they don't like it.....too chatty and detects trash targets calling them good targets.

It’s worth it
fccdb6ee039668c9bf1cb44402766303.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been reading that some people are saying they don't like it.....too chatty and detects trash targets calling them good targets.

Do you live near me? If so, its garbage! Dont get it! :lol:

Seriously...

19 sept ring.jpg

goldring.jpg

ring2.jpg

whitegold ring.JPG

Besides all those, I dig as much or more silver than I did with my CTX. I have dug more v-nicks and buffies in a few months than I did in years with the CTX or E-Trac. Anyone complaining about the EQX either dont own it or never took the time to actually learn it.

Do you live near me? If so, its garbage! Dont get it! :lol:

Seriously...

View attachment 424307

View attachment 424308

View attachment 424309

View attachment 424310

Besides all those, I dig as much or more silver than I did with my CTX. I have dug more v-nicks and buffies in a few months than I did in years with the CTX or E-Trac. Anyone complaining about the EQX either dont own it or never took the time to actually learn it.

Well said! It’s a great machine.

I think the pinpointing function may be less prone to "sticking." Otherwise, I haven't noticed any real difference. I don't think ID's are any better. Some have reported that rusty nails are more likely to ring up as coins. I will be watching for that one as, if there, I would probably revert to the previous version of firmware.

I’ll,take a stab at this..First,every machine I’ve ever owned called trash a good target more than a few times.All machines will do that..As for is the equinox worth it,that all depends on what’s important to you in features,that’s what really sets all machines apart imo.

I’ll,take a stab at this..First,every machine I’ve ever owned called trash a good target more than a few times.All machines will do that..As for is the equinox worth it,that all depends on what’s important to you in features,that’s what really sets all machines apart imo.

Yeah, always a question of trade-offs. The Nox already liked rusty nails; but, if as some have reported, it now likes them a lot more, then I would probably roll back the upgrade. I say "probably" because there might be pluses, such as greater depth, that made the trade-off worthwhile--one can always turn up the iron bias setting a bit.

But, following the update, I really haven't noticed much of a difference in anything, as yet.

I have found over 150 nickels in one park with the Equinox 800.

I want to know if the upgrade will separate nickel from the beaver tail pulltabs any better than without the upgrade.

I want to know if the upgrade will separate nickel from the beaver tail pulltabs any better than without the upgrade.

Did minelab claim the update did that? Why would you even remote assume thats a possibility?

Did minelab claim the update did that? Why would you even remote assume thats a possibility?
Also, i heard Minelab were also issuing a screen upgrade where you get a 4k ultra HD image on the screen which shows a pivture of the target.

Plus a menu on the left which shows the weight of the target, exact metal purity and current market value?

LOL....would be nice though[emoji1]

Matt

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Sweet! Did they say when they were going to release it? I’m thinking it will be awhile since they just dropped an update.

Tomorrow.

Plus they are giving free 6 inch and 15 inch coils with the upgrade.

[emoji38]

Matt.

I don't think so, unfortunately. The few times I dug a nickel ID since the update, they turned out to be tabs--same as before. I generally leave nickel IDs alone if using the Nox, as in the places I dig, they are usually tabs.

I just dig everything repeatable and stable through a 360 degree turn.

8/10 times its a good target.

Matt.

I don't think so, unfortunately. The few times I dug a nickel ID since the update, they turned out to be tabs--same as before. I generally leave nickel IDs alone if using the Nox, as in the places I dig, they are usually tabs.

Here on the east Coast of Florida the nox hits perfect 13’s for a nickel. Pull tabs will jump around 12,13 to 14.

Back
Top Bottom