Why "Social Groups"?

Silver Dragon

I just joined a few social groups, but I really don't see the purpose in them. Why would a person start a topic for a few members instead of posting for the general membership? I just don't understand, would someone please enlighten me?

I'm guessing you already know this but social groups are people who have something in common (same brand detector, searching for the same things, living in the same area, etc.) so they are good places for more specific topics to be discussed. For example if I want to ask or talk about something specific to Japan I post to the 20+ members of the Japan social group rather than bothering the other 99% of the general forum members who have no idea what I'm talking about (or wouldn't be interested). If I post on the general forum there is also a very good chance that very few Japan-based members would even see the post. At least this is how I use the one social group I belong to. You will see that some are more active than others. Kind of like if you belong to a car forum and enjoy the general banter but sometimes it's still nice to have the option to post some topics just for those who have the same type of car as you.

Ok, that makes sense. I did notice that some of the groups haven't had a post for a couple of years. Maybe, more peeps than posts. Thanks for the clarification.

I really like my social group (Northeast KS Coin and Relic Hunters). It is very active (multiple posts daily), and we have hunts and get togethers.
We can also share information about locations, conditions (like frost level), etc.

I've learned a lot from my group buddies. I do tend to post there, but I also post in the main forum.

Hope this helps, HH!

Tammy

Back
Top Bottom