Finally a high ho silver

skateteacher

I've had my CTX for about a month now and I love it but I'd been silver skunked since I got it. I've found over 70+ wheats from 1919-1958 with it so I thought if I didn't get a silver soon I'd have to change my name to Cream of Wheats. All changed today as I scored a 1945 Quarter. It's ugly but it's my first one with the CTX and we know we always remember our first.
The toy gun was about 6" down, the cinco centavo is a 53 and of course, 5 more wheats were found today. Thanks for looking!
Skate
af536aa4e7291a433f6bf65aa039b12a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the words of encouragement. I dubbed my new CTX the Penny Machine as I have rung up wheat after wheat but no silver. I know it's all about location but 77 wheats to 1 silver has to be a record of some sorts. The CTX is a great machine and I'm definitely learning as I go. I appreciate all the kind words.

Sounds like a lot of my hunts wheats galore, silver not so much. I average about 1 silver for every 4.6 wheats. Which is a much better ratio compared to previous seasons, but I'll just say it's still early in the year. I'm sure the ratio will get worse :no: good luck with your new machine! Some people don't realize (not you personally) is that once these old deep coins are gone, they aren't replenishing. Sometimes the silver just ISNT there to be found. Happy hunting :grin:

77 wheats in one month is really good. You definitely earned the 'Cream of Wheats' name. I wanted to post this pick mainly because I was looking at how many wheats I have found and this pic was taken exactly 7 years ago today. After going through my logbook I am now at 405. But that's since 1996 when I really got into detecting. So at your rate, you will have a wheelbarrow load in no time. Comparing to silver, I'm up to 105 dimes, 12 quarters, 4 halves, and 31 war nickels.

Attachments

• GEDC0315.JPG
    GEDC0315.JPG
    144.8 KB · Views: 155
Welcome to the silver club. It just keep getting better and better with time. You are going to find some absolutely awesome things. Just keep swinging. An old timer once told me, "kid, if you hang around the barber shop long enough, sooner or later you're gonna get a haircut." Its true! Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom