My digger sheath blew out.

NCDFX

My Whites Digmaster digger sheath split wide open. I didn't want to order a replacement and have to wait so I swung by Lowe's and picked up this cordless drill holster. I think it's mostly used by sheet rock installers. My digger and pinpointer fit nicely in it. I added some pop rivets I already had at the bottom to create two separate compartments ro keep the two from touching. I cut the Web strap off the old sheath that secures the digger and riveted it in place, too. Work's like a champ and sits at a good forward angle.

Already having the rivet gun and rivets, this cost less than ten bucks and took maybe 20 minutes.

Attachments

• 2018-05-05 07.18.56.jpg
    2018-05-05 07.18.56.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 913
I make my digger sheaths out of leather since I keep my diggers sharp. The one I am currently using is simple to make and hasn't given me any problems in the several years that I have been using it. It also fits most diggers out there and doesn't collect dirt in the bottom. i currently am using it with my Hori-Hori instead of the one in the picture.
Digger Sheath 1.JPG
Digger Sheath 2.JPG

I make my digger sheaths out of leather since I keep my diggers sharp. The one I am currently using is simple to make and hasn't given me any problems in the several years that I have been using it. It also fits most diggers out there and doesn't collect dirt in the bottom. i currently am using it with my Hori-Hori instead of the one in the picture.
View attachment 414276
View attachment 414277

Nice work. Clean and effective. Are those a type of brass tack?

They are simple two piece rivets that I bought at Tandys.

I remember as a kid getting those billfold kits from them. I think they cost in the neighborhood of a $1.00.Went to their site and looked around billfold sure have gone up.:lol:Haven't bought anything from them in years.

I remember as a kid getting those billfold kits from them. I think they cost in the neighborhood of a $1.00.Went to their site and looked around billfold sure have gone up.:lol:Haven't bought anything from them in years.

I think the only thing that I have bought from them is rivets. I get them from a local store. Leather is really expensive and I just use scrap leather where ever I can get it.

That looks really good, man! I use a lot of surplus pouches and a little needle and thread to make my pouches semi-custom, and I'm glad I'm not the only one doing it!

I love my white's digmaster, but the sheath it comes with is cheap junk.

Same here.....love the Digmaster but the sheath split open shortly after I started using the Digmaster. I taped it up with black Duct tape and it's OK for now. Had the same problem with a Garrett Edge Digger sheath.

I have a new gator digger from Kellyco that I got in a trade. It doesn't have any kind of an edge on it at all. You would never have to worry about it cutting a sheathe. I have never sharpened it because I do not like that design of diggers.
Gator.jpg

Thats a nice looking set-up. I've never had much luck with the factory nylon holsters so I made my own with a piece of black plumbing pipe, some cutting tools and a heat gun. Very durable so no worries about the blade cutting through it and the bottom is open so it doesn't fill up with dirt. Another benefit is that since its hard plastic, its really easy to get the digger in and out.

Attachments

• IMG_4109.jpg
    IMG_4109.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 540
  • 001 (2).jpg
    001 (2).jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 557
Another thing that I came up with is a flap on the bottom of you Propointer holder. It's just a simple piece of leather attached to the holder to keep mud and dirt from your pants. I have used it for a number of years and it really helps.
PPF (1).jpg

Very cool! I'm on the lookout for new ideas, right now I loop the holsters that my pinpointer and digger cam with around my belt loop.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom