CS belt buckle

Thank you all for the kind words. I really still can't believe I actually found this. Ever since I first started metal detecting I've been so excited of the possibility of digging up a three ringer. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I'd dig a pre civil war belt plate and now a CS belt buckle before digging my first bullet. Hopefully I will get with someone soon to confirm what we all think and I will surely report back the findings.

I've dug a similar variant of this buckle in N. Ga. Mine is the Mullinax 130 plate.
It was only about 3" down and is real.
I like the look of yours. It looks like genuine dug to me. Tons of fakes out there and with all different faked ageing applied but it's tough to fake the real look of 155 years in the ground.
I also suggest checking out Army of TN relics. They know a thing or two about these buckles. I believe Nick Periut offers appraisals and authenticity letters for a fee but I am not 100%.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Did you ever verify it’s authenticity?

Congratulations on an awesome find! I live in a town with a lot of civil war battlefields and HOPE to someday find a buckle. Three ringers are everywhere... buckles not so much☹️

Doesn't look fake to me

I'm just getting back on this forum after 9 years. That's a nice find. I would say by just seeing it. That its real. It almost tells a story of its history. They made things well back in the day. You dug it up? The dirt was hard to get off and is almost frozen to it. Why wouldn't it be real? That is sweet. You can't get much better than that. Coins and buttons you'll find. But those are hard to come by. That personal and tells a story. Nice!

That sir is my dream find. You are so lucky to have the thrill of saving that relic from it earthly grave.

Thank you all for the kind words. I really still can't believe I actually found this. Ever since I first started metal detecting I've been so excited of the possibility of digging up a three ringer. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I'd dig a pre civil war belt plate and now a CS belt buckle before digging my first bullet. Hopefully I will get with someone soon to confirm what we all think and I will surely report back the findings.

I'll trade you three three ringers for it.

The only update I have is based of it being posted here, Instagram, and put in the hands of as many people as I could and all say it is real. :D

Still can't believe I found something like that.

Back
Top Bottom