Pictures from my secret spot

OkieDigger

Forum Chipmunk
Forum Supporter
I have an old map from the very early 1900's that shows old dwellings on it. I received permission to hunt the land that one of these was on. I finally found it. It seems it was a dug out. My hunt there yesterday didn't find any coins, but I found a lot of relics and old things including the grease cap off a model T.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 283
Check this out. The barb wire is going right through the tree. Now you know that's old!

Attachments

• 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 276
Looks like a very promising spot OD. I found several old homesteads this winter just driving around. I will wait a little while to ask for permission to hunt them so the owners don't have a lot of time to think about it before I actually get to hunting them. The more time they have to think about it it seems they begin to wonder what's really there and decide not to let you find their hoard of riches. Good luck and keep us posted.

If I didn't know better - I'd say you took the first 2 pics at my favorite spot here in Az !! The barbed wire is neat, Steve in so az

Forget it OD, I hunted that place last week, lol! JK, looks like a great area. I like pic 4, is that little depression a possible privy??

Treasurekidd said:
Forget it OD, I hunted that place last week, lol! JK, looks like a great area. I like pic 4, is that little depression a possible privy??

Nope, that's the dug out. I'm pretty sure the place dates back to the late 1890's. Someone lived there for a few years. I *think* there may be two graves near by, but I'm not going to dig those up to find out. :wow:

Ok, I can't take a pic of the hub cap right now because the camera isn't setup for it. But I was able to identify it and find a picture of one on Ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mode...015QQitemZ250089572848QQrdZ1#ebayphotohosting

The one I found is nickel plated and dates between 1914-1927. I also found a "Keen Kutter" knob handle thingy. Apparently Keen Kutter stuff is collectable also. The shell casings I found are OLD. We're talking 1890's. I found a .32-55 and a .38-55, both WRA Co. stamped. The .38-55 is also stamped WCF. These apparently are black powder rounds from what I could find on them??? Not sure on that. What I do know from what I've found is that the dug out site is most definitely pre-1900 in my opinion. The hub cap (to a wood wheel no less) could have been lost later on (there's a very old and now nonexistent road that runs past the dug out). Pretty cool stuff. I'll have to go back there soon and try to find some more stuff.

Go gittum buddy. Now thats my kind of hunting grounds. Beside the water, give me the woods any day. ;)

Back
Top Bottom