CW finds from wandering

steve in so la

Forum Supporter
SwampHunter & others - On the subject of wandering and working areas in old CW places and finds = I dug this Great Coat button after walking around a site a long time. Then dug some more things including the Infantry eagle button.
All that walking around sure paid off - and more than once. To get a probable site is one thing. To get the close up exact area of action is sometimes another thing. steve in so az

Attachments

• great coat.jpg
    great coat.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 148
  • gold I eagle.jpg
    gold I eagle.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 121
Great buttons Steve! Someday I would like to go somewhere and do some CW relic hunting.

Nice going on the buttons Steve. It would be awesome to be able to hunt an area that might contain CW relics.

I don't really know - never have sold any CW stuff. You could ask at the Treasure Depot forum and see. I did dig a couple 9 ringer bullets there also and was told they were selling for about 90 bux apiece - that was 10 years ago, steve

I've had what I consider to be a similar experience. I hunted a local field several times, coming away thinking I wouldn't find much there and that I should move on. Fortunately, there were enough targets that I didn't give up. By "wandering" the field over the course of several visits, flat buttons and other relics began to turn up in a small area.

The button in my avatar was dug there, and now my interests have expanded to include relics in addition to coins. I am really surprised at the early items that can turn up unexpectedly.

Now I can't wait to get back there in a couple of weeks!

NE - That button avatar is really nice !

SwampHunter - thx for the relic site, I have several of those listed. Steve

Way to go Steve. I was expecting to see some pictures of your finds soon. Always look forward to them.

I had an "off digging" weekend this weekend. Been busy overseeding lawn and planting a few things in the garden

Gonna try and do some digging next weekend.

Back
Top Bottom