A Dream Come True!! 12 Silvers (3 Morgans!)

Todd S

Heh All!

Long time since my last post, but the Etrac came through in a very big way this weekend! Sorry I have no pics, but I have to tell the tale! I was so excited this weekend I almost cried! I never dreamed that I would have a weekend like this in Washington State, or in any State for that matter! For starters, I have been detecting for three or four years, and in total I have never found more than one silver coin in a day, and they are very rare here (I have only found 19 silver coins total since I started detecting).

Saturday I found 9 silver coins...and you won't believe it but it's true. Here goes:

1 1943 War nickel
4 1964 Kennedy Half dollars
1 1971 Silver Eisenhower "Proof" Dollar in the US Mint plastic case package (Perfect Uncirculated condition)
1 1889 Morgan "O" Dollar-Circulated condition
1 1890 Morgan "S" Dollar Excellent condition maybe AU 50
1 1921 Morgan Ver good condition

I also got 19 Wheaties (40's-50"s)

Sunday I found two more wheaties, 1 more war nickel and 2 1964 Kennedy Halves

For good measure I also got about 8 1950's nickels.

I was stunned and shocked. The coins were all in a 10 by 10 foot area 1 inch to about 8 inches down in dirt torn up from a bulldozer, and obviously they were from a coin collection (plastic degraded coin packages). I suppose this may qualify as a cashe.

I am one happy camper. I never thought I would find anything like this, and I never thought I'd find one Morgan let alone three!

I will attempt to post pictures sometime later if I can figure out how (I'm tech illiterate) :)

Thanks for reading.

Thats outstanding, Im just starting out and have only been able to find 1 silver coin here in the tacoma area. But have hit gold 2 times lol. Nice job.

Excellent finds. Pretty special that you pulled that stuff out of the ground that would otherwise be there until it just rotted away. Worthy of a display by itself. Hope to see the pictures of it. Thanks for sharing the experience.

Sounds Awesome....Gotta post some pic's!!!...(in Mind-Blowing Eye-Popping);)....:cool:

Thats outstanding, Im just starting out and have only been able to find 1 silver coin here in the tacoma area. But have hit gold 2 times lol. Nice job.

Have you tried the beach at the "Clay Banks"? That always produced for
me when I lived there. I was stationed at Fort Lewis for four years and ended up staying there after I got out. Lived on South Hill (152nd & Meridian).

Another hot spot was the beach on the post on American lake, also the park on the other side of the lake which is owned by the county. I can't remember the specific name of the park but there is an A6 on a pedistal at
the entrance. I found alot of neat items there as well and a couple of gold
rings.

Cmon you can't make a post like this without pictures! Hurry up already! :lol:

Congrats on the awesome finds! I can tell, just by reading that you are super excited about your finds! Way to go!

G2M

Have you tried the beach at the "Clay Banks"? That always produced for
me when I lived there. I was stationed at Fort Lewis for four years and ended up staying there after I got out. Lived on South Hill (152nd & Meridian).

Another hot spot was the beach on the post on American lake, also the park on the other side of the lake which is owned by the county. I can't remember the specific name of the park but there is an A6 on a pedistal at
the entrance. I found alot of neat items there as well and a couple of gold
rings.

Is clay banks out by point defiance somewhere?

Found the coins at an old home site. I'm not sure where the clay banks are at that were mentioned?

If it is a coin collection, I bet there are more on that site! Sound like a small collection so far.

Back
Top Bottom