coinstar and brinks question

maxxkatt

Forum Supporter
I ran into a gum ball route man who used to work for brinks. I asked him if they sorted out silver coins at their facilities. He said no, they don't have time and don't let employees exchange clad for silver either.

I wonder if Coinstar has the same policies. I would think that the machine does not reject all silver coins.

Anyone know?

I doubt that the employees ever touch the coins. Counting, packaging etc most likely all done by machines.

That is why silver occasionally shows up in coin rolls etc.

I saw a video on Utube somewhere a guy exchanged 200 cash
for 200 dollars of quarters.
I think he ended up with six silver quarters.....?
I also know a guy that drives a brinks truck,
I asked him, could a person exchange cash for the change
when they come to empty the coins...... He said no
But I have to believe that a certain amount of silver coins do get accepted :?:

Waste of time. Coinstar rejects silver as foreign.
Bank machines like LaRue do not. That’s why buying those bags are popular.
Couriers are not in business to sort silver. They make good money doing what they do, counting coin.

I ran into a gum ball route man who used to work for brinks. I asked him if they sorted out silver coins at their facilities. He said no, they don't have time and don't let employees exchange clad for silver either.

I wonder if Coinstar has the same policies. I would think that the machine does not reject all silver coins.

Anyone know?

The machines reject all silver coins since they do not match the specifications of circulation clad coinage. They also reject Flying Eagles, Fatty IH, gold coins - pretty much anything that is not modern clad/lincoln mem cents.

Coinstar rejects silver but not all bank machines do. I know from first hand knowledge. A friend works at a bank and has often bought the bags with silvers in them.

Back
Top Bottom