First two cent piece

claddy

Elite Member
Was working and asked the neighbor if I could hunt the property she lived and she was tough asking me all kind of questions and we hashed out a one hour hunt this evening. I came by and started at the lower end of her property and hit a sweet 92 that was a battery out of something. Held my head up and kept going... another deep signal.. aluminum can šŸ˜”.. moved closer to house and was rewarded with a 31 wheat and moved closer to the road along the side walk and at three inches this baby popped out my first and I love it . Thanks for looking

Attachments

• IMG_0978.jpg
    IMG_0978.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 438
  • IMG_0982.jpg
    IMG_0982.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 413
  • IMG_0935.jpg
    IMG_0935.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 405
The lead drummer I can't find on the internet any like it can post better pics if interested šŸ™

That's crazy. How long have you been hunting overall? Hardly anyone finds those around here anyway...once in a lifetime perhaps!

Congrats on the two cent piece still avoids me and number one on my bucket list. It's in awesome condition one of nicest dug ones I've ever seen.

That's crazy. How long have you been hunting overall? Hardly anyone finds those around here anyway...once in a lifetime perhaps!
Been metal detecting regularly for five years and haven't looked back. I love doing it and it helps with day to day BS

Congrats on your wheatie & 2 cent piece! It's in really good condition, too. :detector:

I've always liked that the 1864 2-cent piece was the very first coin that had the motto "In God We Trust" on it.

Last edited:
Been metal detecting regularly for five years and haven't looked back. I love doing it and it helps with day to day BS

I've been at it about 7...and that's the truth about the everyday BS! There is something about it that is VERY intriguing,I know why Mel Fisher did what he did,even when things were really rough in the beginning. Very few other things pit YOU against the UNKNOWN quite in the way this does. Addicting as hell!:grin:

I've been at it about 7...and that's the truth about the everyday BS! There is something about it that is VERY intriguing,I know why Mel Fisher did what he did,even when things were really rough in the beginning. Very few other things pit YOU against the UNKNOWN quite in the way this does. Addicting as hell!:grin:

Today is the day !

2-cent pieces are tough to find (on the west coast anyhow). And I don't ever recall seeing one come out of the ground that nice ! Congratz and thanx for sharing.

Back
Top Bottom