My first score in heavy iron with the e-Trac

pballwiz

So I went to an older city park this morning for a 2-hour hunt. I could tell the park has been hunted pretty hard in the past. How do I know that? Lots of shallow zincolns, no quarters whatsoever and very few dig able deep signals. I know the park goes back to at the least the early 1900's.
This is the very first park hunt in a long time that I didn't dig at least one quarter.
So I found a small corner that gave up a few wheats from the 30's. I was running a cherry-picking coin hunting pattern.
Came across and are that was nulling-out big time. Went to an open screen and saw it was mostly iron. Last night I was watching a YouTube video by cut-a-plug. I. It he was using a half-open screen and was running in TTF. He was picking out good targets from amongst a bunch or iron.
I set up a similar mode on my e-Trac after watching him rescue some silver from the iron. I digress, sorry.
So any way I lode my TTF mode and I slowly work my way through the iron. I was finally able to locate a a decent non ferous dig-able signal. Out pops a nice 1935 merc.
I had to leave shortly after that but you better bet I'll be back to see what else that park has left in it. Just need some rain up here in NE, Ohio. Every plug I dug was a challenge. So dry. The dirt below the grass roots is like powder.
Oh and I found a beat up saw medallion too.

7073bade4f97d6c7e766d586bec5ca12.jpg
663f9122ba35417bf5cd48fd780f84a8.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Nice merc! That’s why I love the ctx. I can run a wide open screen with no disc at all and pick coins out of iron like a champ!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice merc! That’s why I love the ctx. I can run a wide open screen with no disc at all and pick coins out of iron like a champ!!!

BTW, the head of this was sticking out of the side of the hole that the merc came out of. It was my first hunt with th SEF 12×10 coil too. It's kind of heavy but I really like it!
62a2a07bf898a6122edda01ff158bbbd.jpg

BTW, the head of this was sticking out of the side of the hole that the merc came out of. It was my first hunt with th SEF 12×10 coil too. It's kind of heavy but I really like it!
62a2a07bf898a6122edda01ff158bbbd.jpg

I’ve used a etrac since 2013, I loved the nel storm 13” coil. I found this barber dime with the CTX using the 17” coil under this huge piece of rusted barbed wire
6b14104424c91808c2c5ac7d9dedfaef.jpg

10bad85a7802fa0e08124922194e5b93.jpg

Back
Top Bottom